[fails] ./build icu

Dravu

Verified User
Noticed icu and a few other libraries had updates available so I tried updating them in Custombuild. All went fine until I got to icu. For some reason, it always fails:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/icu/source/tools/makeconv'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/icu/source/tools/makeconv'
gcc -D_REENTRANT -I../../common -I./../toolutil -g -O2 -c -o makeconv.o makeconv.c
gcc -D_REENTRANT -I../../common -I./../toolutil -g -O2 -c -o ucnvstat.o ucnvstat.c
gcc -D_REENTRANT -I../../common -I./../toolutil -g -O2 -c -o genmbcs.o genmbcs.c
gcc -D_REENTRANT -I../../common -I./../toolutil -g -O2 -c -o gencnvex.o gencnvex.c
g++ -g -O2 -o ../../bin/makeconv makeconv.o ucnvstat.o genmbcs.o gencnvex.o -L../../lib -licutu -L../../lib -licui18n -L../../lib -licuuc -L../../lib -L../../stubdata -licudata -lpthread -lm
../../lib/libicuuc.so: undefined reference to `icudt40_dat'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [../../bin/makeconv] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/icu/source/tools/makeconv'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/icu/source/tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 2

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):
Any ideas?

Well does this work with anybody else? That would be useful to know.

./build icu worked for me although i had to edit the build script so that it did 'gmake' instead of 'make' because FreeBSD prefers it that way. Depending on your OS you could try to install icu from either ports, yum or rpm etc., the only change that custombuild makes to the install process is this;

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/icu

Other than that, as long as you have the latest version of icu installed you can safely tell custombuild not to install icu.

./build icu worked for me although i had to edit the build script so that it did 'gmake' instead of 'make' because FreeBSD prefers it that way. Depending on your OS you could try to install icu from either ports, yum or rpm etc., the only change that custombuild makes to the install process is this;

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/icu

Other than that, as long as you have the latest version of icu installed you can safely tell custombuild not to install icu.
I'll probably just use yum then since custombuild doesn't do anything really special for it. I just downgraded back when it wouldn't work and that went through fine. Odd that the new version won't.

Back