Building PHP6-CGI / Custombuild 1.2 causes endless loop

ju5t

Verified User
On a test server, I tried using custombuild 1.2 to install PHP6 as cgi. I thought it might be possible this way to run PHP4, 5 and 6 together allthough I'm not sure of the implications custombuild will have on httpd.conf.

Basically, all I did was run ./build php6-cgi and made sure we had the latest mysql libraries as it was erroring out on that first.

This gave the following error, continously:

Code:
Trying to make php...
/bin/sh /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc  -Iext/mysql/ -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/mysql/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/main -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev -I/usr/local/icu/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/ereg/regex -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/pcrelib -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/TSRM -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/Zend    -I/usr/local/include -g -O2  -c /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c -o ext/mysql/php_mysql.lo
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c: In function `php_mysql_fetch_hash':
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:2081: error: `MYSQL_TYPE_VARCHAR' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:2081: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-6.0.0-dev/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:2081: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [ext/mysql/php_mysql.lo] Error 1

A quick kill stopped it.

Any idea what's wrong?

Try the lates PHP6 tarball :) The one that is on DA servers is ~8 months old.

It didn't gave me much the luck the other day. Couldn't find the time to continue with it though, but it seemed to be quiting on the php_mysql.lo file again, just in a different section.

I'll see what I can come up with next week (weekend, hooray), but it might be an idea to wait for more stable releases hehe.

Back