Request: User defined directories for FTP accounts

Ryan

Verified User
I'd like to see a way for the user to create an ftp account in the directory they request.

As of right now, DA only offers 3 options for ftp accounts. However, it'd be very nice to allow a user to specify:

login:
password:
server path:

I'd like to be able to create [email protected] and allow that to have access to something like /home/example/domains/example.com/public_html/forums/special/directory/
without giving them full access to public_html as would be required under the current scheme.

Any thoughts?

I have a feeling this doesn't make much sense the way i've explained. Please let me know if I need to clarify.

Ryan said:
login:
password:
server path:
Well certainly a bit more limited than server path; I sure wouldn't want my clients to be able to download my /etc/passwd file, grep it for /bin/bash, and know who has login privileges so they could try some common password attacks.

Nor would I want them to be able to set up /home, and peruse all the sites on the system looking for credit card numbers, or .htpasswd files.

Jeff

Re: Re: Request: User defined directories for FTP accounts

jlasman said:
Well certainly a bit more limited than server path; I sure wouldn't want my clients to be able to download my /etc/passwd file, grep it for /bin/bash, and know who has login privileges so they could try some common password attacks.

Nor would I want them to be able to set up /home, and peruse all the sites on the system looking for credit card numbers, or .htpasswd files.

Jeff

Obviously...

I'm just saying a defineable path below the /home/username/ level. Lock them to below /home/username/*

Server Path /home/username/: ___________

Hello,

User defined directories shouldn't be too hard (including strict form checking :)). I'll add it to the versions system, but it may not make it into this release. It might be the next one after 1.21.3.

:)

John

Back