[Official Release] DirectAdmin for Fedora 1.0

DirectAdmin Sales

Administrator
Staff member
DirectAdmin for Redhat's Fedora 1.0 is now available. It is classified as BETA although there are no known bugs at this time. Beta status will be removed in one month.

To order this version, simply select "Fedora 1.0 (Beta)" when ordering through your client account.

We anticipate having an official version of DirectAdmin for Redhat Enterprise ES very soon.

Mark

Yay, good move since RH9 is due to end of life

Next servers are getting fedora :)

btw: the ES that's in the making, I hope it's WS 3 that is supported ?

Last edited:
We're doing it on "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 ES (i386) Update 1" .. they're essentially the same thing (WS vs ES)

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
We're doing it on "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 ES (i386) Update 1" .. they're essentially the same thing (WS vs ES)
It should also work on White Box Enterprise Linux, which is free.

Watch for my tests as soon as DA for RHEL becomes available.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

You and me both. Thanks to your recommendation, we have a customer testing WBEL with H-Sphere. We're about ready to test a deployment of it on our one remaining cPanel server, and we're anxiously awaiting an official release of DA for RHEL so we can test it with WBEL.

DA developers: Any word on the official RHEL release of DA?

Hello,

No official release date as of yet. I'm currently pushing to get DA 1.21.3 out, then it will be all Enterprise :) Hopefully not too long after that.

John

Windows is eeeeevil :D Seriously I should think that'd only happen if DA goes multi-server, like Plesk... in which case only IIS would be supported?

Matt

I will loose all respect for DA if it decides to cater for windows!

Unsafe, unreliable, trash!

:D

That's what I call a religious statement, webone.

Certainly those of us who are serious about the webhosting business may decide to do Windows hosting, and if we do, then we'd be looking for a solution that will let us host on Windows.

If we were doing that, to make our life as simple as possible, we'd probably want a package that worked similarly on both.

If DA decides to go after that market, all power to them. I probably won't be a customer for a Windows solutions, but there are plenty of webhosting companies out there who want a system that will control hosting for both Windows and Linux.

That said, producing a system for Windows webhosting would probably require a lot of resource allocation; if DA asked me for advice I'd probably tell them it's not a good market for them unless they have a lot of money and time and manpower to invest.

Jeff

The only Windows components DA would need to support would be IIS/Windows web servers and MS SQL. Anything else can use Linux.

Just IMHO.
Matt :)

You're presuming it would require a minimum of two servers; one running DA/Linux and one running DA/Windows.

Even so, it would have to understand how to do the FTP as well.

And perhaps a few things we've both forgotten.

Jeff

DirectAdmin Sales said:
DirectAdmin for Redhat's Fedora 1.0 is now available. It is classified as BETA although there are no known bugs at this time. Beta status will be removed in one month.

Only 1.0?
I download now the 2.0 version (I think to see the location path)
Does the beta version of DA work also on 2.0?
I will install it on a new test machine.

It would depend on how much they've changed. DirectAdmin itself would probably run fine (static binary). Just the linked libraries for other programs would have to be checked.

John

Re: Re: [Official Release] DirectAdmin for Fedora 1.0

deltaned said:
Only 1.0?
I download now the 2.0 version (I think to see the location path)
Does the beta version of DA work also on 2.0?
I will install it on a new test machine.

Core 2 was release like 2 days ago? and you expect DA to run on it and anything and everything else? oh my, seems hard to please anyone...

Back