Limit Connections

philmcdonnell

Verified User
Hello,

How can I limit connections per domain in apache? Is it possible? I have one domain taking down the server because it is using all 300 maxclients.

Any ideas on how to stop this would be helpful.

I cannot access any other site on the server because of this one domain. I have suspended the domain but it still doesn't help right now.

Regards,
Phil

Hello,

I think your best bet would be to install mod_throttle. Connections are made before the domain is known so you can't really cap connections per domain, but you could add mod_throttle to at least prevent people from using more than 2 (or so) clients.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

I think your best bet would be to install mod_throttle. Connections are made before the domain is known so you can't really cap connections per domain, but you could add mod_throttle to at least prevent people from using more than 2 (or so) clients.

John

Hmmm.. Interesting, do you have any info on where to get it from. This is a cPanel server I am talking about (sorry). I am trying to get rid of this server but until I do I need something to limit this users process grabbing...

Thanks,
Phil

Back