Dovecot Expire plug-in

jlounds

Verified User
Hello everyone!

I am hoping to get some pointers from anyone who is successfully using the Expire plug-in for Dovecot.

I was able to upgrade to the latest release (1.1.3), and I compiled it with MySQL support, and then followed all the steps at:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire

But when I run

dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool --test

or

dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool

It doesn't seem to do anything. I looked through my log files, and there are no warnings or errors I can find. (this was not the case on my first try; I had to compile Dovecot with MySQL support).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Just a quick follow-up - I think I know what may the problem, but I don't know how to go about fixing it.

In order for the Expire plug-in to work, it requires an auth-master socket to find the users' mailboxes, and the instructions say to read the section on LDA on how to configure it. http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Exim

However... Exim uses socket clients for SMTP authentication, and on top of that, I cannot find any reference to Dovecot in my /etc/exim.conf file -- it is using the spamcheck as the transport.

I don't know nearly enough about Dovecot and Exim to start experimenting this, especially on a live box!

Any help / links / etc would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Any Dovecot / Exim "power users" out there? I may even be able to pay for your time (depending on the cost).

Thank you!

We're not cheap, but we wrote the exim.conf file for DirectAdmin.

Are you using DirectAdmin? If not you're in the wrong place. If so then please post the top ten lines of your /etc/exim.conf file so we can tell which version you're using.

Personally I run SpamBlocker Version 3-beta, and our local delivery gets done with the virtual_localdelivery transport.

If you'd like to contact me, then please feel free to write to my email address below in my siglines, or to call us. Private Messages through the forum are the slowest way to reach me.

Jeff

Jeff

Back