Weird 550 Errors

Dr-Host

Verified User
Got a weird problem with the mail server

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'cccccccccccc', Account: 'eitansm.net', Server: 'mail.eitansm.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 authentication required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Some clients get this error while sending outbound

Some clients got not problem at all

and some clients can't get mail and getting this message

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
(ultimately generated from [email protected])

I've tryed to
rpm -e da_exim
rpm -e da_vm-pop3d

and reinstalling them and still the same errors for the same users

any Idea what should I check or do?

Hello,

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=barak-online.net Reports that the mailservers is unreachable.. but that's not really related to the 550.

DA has popb4smtp running, so if the users don't want to use a login/pass when sending mail, then they must check their pop account for mail *first*, then their IP will be added to the smtp list.

Or else, they can use smtp authentication where they enter their username and password (same as pop) for the smtp server.

Also, make sure that your hostname is NOT in /etc/virtual/domainowners, and IS in /etc/virtual/domains. Make sure that the /etc/virtual/server.hostname.com exists, but is empty.

John

I didn't understand you

the domains
dr-host.co.il, dr-comp, eitansm.net are in the "domainowners"
and in "domains"

in domains I got
server.dr-host.co.il
twice

and the rest of the domains
once

and the dir had files in it and now i've deled them

Last edited:
Hello,

Alright, now I found this:
Code:
[root@server]# telnet server.dr-host.co.il 25
Trying 213.8.136.67...
Connected to server.dr-host.co.il.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 ********************************************************************
So... are you using exim? It should have an exim welcome message. Check the /var/log/exim/mainlog.

John

now I remember that I was trying to install MailScanner to provide Email Virus scans

when I boot the machine I get this error

Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 . /usr/lib/MailScanner) at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 46.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 46.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 52.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 52.

how do I remove MailScanner or install it so it will work ( last time, it blocked all incoming mails so I just removed his lines from exim.com to disable him )

DirectAdmin Support said:
are you using exim? It should have an exim welcome message.
John, I doubt that domain name points to a DA server; if it does it's seriously broken as the server won't even respond to ehlo; it only understands helo.

Jeff

Back