Dovecot -Attachment problem

togro

Hi everyone,

I am testing dovecot 1.1.3 at the moment to see if I can migrate from UW-Imap(mbox) to dovecot(maildir). Because I dont' want to influence the production server I installed dovecot on an ununsed computer with some testusers using ssl and maildir. Installation was without any problems and everything works fine with one exception: I cannot download attachments. If the attachment ist a simple textfile it's ok, but everything else (pdf, zip, jpg etc. - size doesnt't matter) does not work. Here is what happens:

1) I right-click on the attached file -> "save as" (using Thinderbird 2)
2) I choose a target dir
3) the download-dialog pops up and says: "starting download"
4) nothing happens form then on

In the log file I see:
"dovecot: Fatal: IMAP(tester): io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 1): File exists" (which file??)

I googled this message but without success. I already tried having all files on the local fs instead of nfs but it doesn't change anything. I also tried a lot of different settings in the dovecot.conf. Everything else works fine: logging in, receiving, creating folders, deleting etc...)

Im using a (very) old SuSE 9.0 installation with ext2.

As I have no idea what else to try/check:
Anyone out there who has a tip what I could check to solve this? Or even someone who had the same problem with a solution? ;o)

Thanks in advance!
Thomas

I've never had a problem using Dovecot, pop3, and KMail (a linux mail client).

I don't know about any other setups.

Anyone?

Jeff

Back