Creating a Proxy

Sentinel

Verified User
Hi guys!

Does anyone have a nice how-to guide to make one of my servers into a Proxy server just for my personal use? The company I work for requires my IP address to allow me to access their tools. But sadly, I don't have a fixed home IP address and everytime my internet crashes, I receive a new IP. This isn't a big deal if the range of IPs were the same everytime I get a new one, but they differ quite a bit.

So I was thinking of possibly using one of my servers' IP. Meaning I would add it as a Proxy in one of my browsers this way my managers don't have to constantly change my IP address.

I hope you guys can help me out, and I'm sure others wouldn't mind such a feature!

Regards,
Jason

P.S.: 2 of my servers are running Fedora. However, the server I would prefer to use as a Proxy server is running CentOS.

What services do you need? HTTP? SSH? If everything you need is an HTTP proxy I do not think installing one is a problem. Simply install Squid.

Markku

Install Squid Proxy Server:

yum install squid -y

and then install webmin, use the squid module to manage the server.

Just an update, I installed and configured Squid really quickly without much hassle and without needing to install Webmin. It's working perfect and I'm very happy!

Thank you guys for the help!

Back