crontab wiped out

pyrorain

Verified User
so my host rebooted my machine, an di realized crontab file wiped out, i use debian etch 4.0
can anyone copy and paste the contents of the crontab? thank you much.

What do you exactly mean? If crontabs don't work anymore try to restart the crontab service.

If it still doesn't work for some reasons, try to get some error logs for us.

crontab file is empty there is no cron jbo surrning on my debian server, so tehre is no error logs.

I checked teh taskqueue and it has around 40 lines, casue ive ben trying to restart DA via the panel and do other changes that do not take place.

/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d hasnt been running, and i am geussing that should be in teh crontab, when I chkeced it, it was empty.

Can you find anything in "/etc/cron.d/"? There should the files be of the DirectAdmin cronjobs.

yup, there are 5 files tehre..

directadmin_cron
directadmin_cron.save
directadmin_cron.save.1
directadmin_cron.save.2
directadmin_cron.save.3
php5

so if those afiles are there, why arent the cronjobs working?

How do you know they are not working. Are they in the crontab log file?

1. becasue no changes are being made
2. ebcasue teh task queeu is full of commands, so i had to do it manually

So is cron running?

service crontab restart

its not runing thas why the task quee is ful, the crontab file is empty

You need to start it then and if it wont start you need to look in logs to see why it wont start.

let me expain, the crond works fine, when i try to edit it, ther eis no commands to run in ther, like the datask that should run eveyr minute, so my qustion is,m waht is the correnct command tha tshould fo in the crond file?

Code:
/usr/sbin/cron

ps xua | grep cron

If you see nothing running then you need to find out why.

Code:
tail -200 /var/log/messages | grep -i cron

when i run

Code:
/usr/sbin/cron

i get this
Code:
/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid, otherpid may be 8628: Resource temporarily unavailable

Back