Does DA automatically update programs?

jmstacey

Verified User
Just wondering if DA comes out with each new version if it updates the programs on the server. For example when I first installed, DA installed mysql 4.0.14 When I upgrade to 1.213 when it comes out, will it update mysql to 4.0.16 as that is what is currently being installed with DA now?

Just wanted to make sure that my updating of these applications aren't going to cause a problem. :)

Not at the moment but I have an 'up2date' style system for DA on the way (with a few extra features for alerting etc also :))

Chris

When you say style do you mean a seperate program that will integrate with the control panel or about a working recommendation that you will send into DA for a feature?

Any estimated dates?

How will it be released, 3rd party or part of DA, I thinks it would be put under "beta" status just for a few to test things out on different machines first, then depending on the outcome would determine whether it stays 3rd party or John/Mark consider it ;)

To start of it will probably consist of updates for:

da_exim
da_vm-pop3d
imapd
proftpd
Apache
PHP
phpMyAdmin
Uiebimiau
Squirrelmail

I will personally be keeping the new releases coming as they are required.

As a further note, forgot to mention it will be rpm based - for redhat 7.3 through to 9 and RHEL. (Does FBSD have a packaging system?)

Timeframe: HOPEFULLY around 2 weeks, although dont hold me down on that :D ill assure you it wont be more than a month though.

Chris

FreeBSD does have a packaging system but it does not consist of rpms so you'd have to port it to freebsd. (Ports is the name of the freebsd system). Or create the script to download and compile everything correctly.

I am not aware of anything that will simulate rpm managment like slackware for example.

Don't forget mysql :p

ProWebUK said:
tart of it will probably consist of updates for:

As a further note, forgot to mention it will be rpm based - for redhat 7.3 through to 9 and RHEL. (Does FBSD have a packaging system?)

Chris [/B]

Chris PM me if you would like help getting sometime like this for FBSD setup.

Is there is any news on this or something similar ? As an example, I would upgrade my squirrelmail, there is an important new release (since may 10 2004) where it fixes a vulnerability and I still see the old file in files.directadmin.com. Can I just upgrade from the official website ?

I would be pleased to have an upgrade tool, or at least an alert program.

Back