Root user deleted...

Thunderbite

Verified User
Hi all,

I just deleted the user Admin... and i no found out that it turned out to be the root user....

I cant get any root acces anymore to my server....

Anyone know a solution for this???

You cant login to ssh or just directadmin? If you cant login to ssh you need to call your datacenter to get access.

I just deleted the user Admin... and i no found out that it turned out to be the root user

Your statement is a little confusing.

DirectAdmin will not let you delete the the admin user.

The admin user is not the root user.

But in the end you will probably have to call the data center to get access.

It happend as follows....

I installed directAdmin using the user Admin and a pass

DA then created a user Admin with a pass

Now i created in DA a new user called Mark and deleted the user Admin from the list in DA.

Now when i try to su with ssh i dont have the rights anymore and this happend after deleting the admin user from DA...

I really dont know what happend exactly... only know that i cant use su anymore at all

is this more clearly?

I installed directAdmin using the user Admin and a pass

Can't be done. DirectAdmin has to be installed by the root user.

deleted the user Admin from the list in DA.

You must have edited a text file in /usr/local/directadmin

If you truly delete the administrator then I don't know what can be done. Best thing to do is probably reinstall DirectAdmin. It will take less time than to figure out what you did.

Now when i try to su with ssh i dont have the rights anymore

This has nothing to do with su'ing to root. It sounds like you may have been logged in as admin when you deleted the user admin.

is this more clearly?

Its clear you hosed your system. If you don't know what you did then probably nobody else does either. Backup and reinstall DA.

Yes i installed da using user admin and password and than used the command su to get root acces.

What i really only did today is deleted the user admin from the DA administrators list... thats all i have done!

Now if i try to login with ssh to my server it does not connect anymore for admin... and with my own username Mark i cannot use the su command in ssh

While I have no idea how you could have installed DirectAdmin with an admin login, I do know that you can log in at the physical site of the box (see instructions for your OS Distribution), and then recreate the admin user.

I don't know if that'll solve your problems or not, and I agree that rebuilding your server may be your best option.

Jeff

Back