having trouble installing on centOS 5.x 64bit

flumps

Verified User
hello,

im trying to install DA on my centOS 5 64bit system and the error I am getting is:

Sorry, I cannot run apxs. Possible reasons follow:

1. Perl is not installed
2. apxs was not found. Try to pass the path using --with-apxs2=/path/to/apxs
3. Apache was not built using --enable-so (the apxs usage page is displayed)

The output of /usr/sbin/apxs follows:
./configure: /usr/sbin/apxs: /replace/with/path/to/perl/interpreter: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
configure: error: Aborting

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure/ap2/configure.php5 file

this happens if I select option 1: customspache or 2:custombuild.

any ideas peeps?

under the possible reasons it said about perl not being installed. i installed that than ran it again still with no such luck I get the same message as above.

You need to install perl first.

yum -y install perl

seems to have worked however i get:

* All parts have been installed *

Type: /sbin/service httpd restart
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ive not installed DA for a while but last time i did (few years back) it it asked me for a password and told me to go to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:222 not that above.

any ideas peeps?

Last edited:
Is your license matched to your operating system you are installing on. I would try reinstalling and watch where errors are happening.

ah it was the wrong OS in licence hehe

its gone through the install process and provided the details to me but when I acess the.ip:2222 nothing.

used custombuild.

ill glady post some logs if people need them cause im starting look towards throughing DA out the window. spent over 14 hours straight trying to get this to work on this VPS.

(its quicker to install apache, mysql, php5 manually than use DA) - but i opted to use my licence I have as all it was doing was sitting there.

edit: strange rebooted the server and it came back up :)

Last edited:
Back