[release] Installatron v1.5

l0rdphi1

Verified User
Installatron provides DirectAdmin users with the ability to easily install and upgrade a growing list of web scripts. See www.installatron.com for details.

--

To update to this version, login to Installatron as your administrative user and click the [administration] -> [update core] tool.

To convert your existing version 1.4 installations to the new database format, enter these commands over SSH as your root user:
Code:
wget [url]http://files.installatron.com/update_1.4_to_1.5[/url]
/usr/local/bin/php ./update_1.4_to_1.5
Or if you're still running version 1.3, run this instead:
Code:
wget [url]http://files.installatron.com/update_1.3_to_1.5[/url]
/usr/local/bin/php ./update_1.3_to_1.5
--

To make a clean install, login as root and enter this command:
Code:
rm -fr /usr/local/directadmin/xserv
And follow instructions here.

--

Changes:
Added support for installing packages on other than www. of a domain. (conversion script required.)
Changed the update core and update packages functions into one, new tool.
Changed administrative username so it's now stored in the cfg file, rather than staying hard coded in loader.php.
Changed notes to operate install-specific, allowing extended information to be conjured.
Fixed "bug" causing session timeouts on some systems while updating packages.
Removed boolean SSL setting, switched to automatic detection of SSL. (made possible by DA 1.21.3)
Removed stored administrative password; no longer needed. (made possible by DA 1.21.3)

Last edited:
Just a note that you shouldn't do a clean install if your users have already installed scripts.

Although you might be able to just save a copy of this directory:

/usr/local/directadmin/xserv/mod_itron/install

And replace it after the refresh install. Phil might be able to offer some comments about that.

Yes, with future releases I won't include the clean install clause. It was more for the betas, and is no longer needed.

PHP:
pkgs_per_page=5
image_uri=https://xxxxxxxxxx.xxx/itron
ssl=yesda_admin_user=admin

I had to add a line break between 'ssl=yesda_admin_user=admin', that did the trick :)

Might be a typo in your code :)

Thanks,
Matt

To update to this version, login to Installatron as your administrative user and click the [administration] -> [update core] tool.

To convert your existing version 1.4 installations to the new database format, enter these commands over SSH as your root user:

I am not clear on which one of these I need to use?

regards

Blair

You have to at least do the first one. That updates the Installatron core software.

The second one updates your settings, if you want to retain your setup from a 1.4 installation.

Phil,

your FreeBSD tester here. :) I finally upgraded to 1.5 I thought I'd give it a little bit of time since I already have plenty of people using itron. But now when I login as a user and try to install oscommerce I get this

Could not connect to DirectAdmin via APIs. Report this to your administrator.

Ideas?

Let me clarify. I've had Installatron running for about a month now. I just upgraded to 1.5 and now it doesn't work and I get the error above.

No SSL

It happens :)

Hopefully, with the next version of DA we'll have the real plugin system. If we do, the next release will hopefully be the last version you -have- to update to. I hope. :D

I upgraded IT throught DA. I just went to install phplivehelp and I get the below and it won't allow me to install any further. The install button is not clickable.

>>>>>>>>>>>
Installing: Craft Syntax Live Help
You have chosen to create a new installation of the support script: Craft Syntax Live Help.
Select a domain and enter the directory, relative to the home of the domain, to install into:

Could not connect to DirectAdmin via APIs. Report this to your administrator.

To install on a sub-domain (apple.delicious.com, for instance), select the parent domain (either www.delicious.com OR delicious.com, it doesn't matter), and enter /sub-domain/ (/apple/) as the install directory.

By checking this box, you agree to be bound by the terms of usage for this script.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

regards

Blair

What DA version are you using? Are you operating DA over SSL? Does a 'bind_ip' entry exist in your /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf?

What DA version are you using?
Are you operating DA over SSL?
No just http
Does a 'bind_ip' entry exist in your /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf?

I did not ad it? Do you need me to check?

regards

Blair

Blair said:
What DA version are you using?
Not what iTron version, what DirectAdmin version :)

See if this returns anything:
Code:
grep bind_ip /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

grep bind_ip /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

returns nothing

I am using the latest version of DA Current Version: 1.213

What about this:
Code:
grep bind_address /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf
If not, contact us with your DA administrator login details.

Back