Pre-Release binaries

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Due to some new features which have touched many lines of code in DirectAdmin, I've setup a pre-release area in your /clients section for testing purposes. It will allow you to download new versions of DA before they're released as stable. It will allow people to get new features faster, fix any issues before making the versions public, etc..
For this particular upcoming release, the feature we're interesting in testing is this one:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=911
for anyone wanting to make *complete* languages packs (hardcoded text).
This feature will likely not be fully complete since there are just so many text locations in the code, but is a good start.

Note that the binaries downloaded are not the completed new version, and will be updated as more work is done on them. Since they are pre-release, they are not guranteed to be bug free, so please report any 'new feature' related bugs to us, preferably on the forum so we dont get any duplicates. Also don't expect instant fixes for them should there be any issues, etc.. Basically a general "use at your own risk" ;)

John

He means login to your client section on directadmin.com

Great news, I've been waiting for directadmin to be fully translatable for some time !

I've tested directadmin, liked it but not adopted it because of the translation difficulty.

As soon as a stable version is released with most texts translatable I will buy some licences :)

Hello,

Due to some new features which have touched many lines of code in DirectAdmin, I've setup a pre-release area in your /clients section for testing purposes. It will allow you to download new versions of DA before they're released as stable. It will allow people to get new features faster, fix any issues before making the versions public, etc..
For this particular upcoming release, the feature we're interesting in testing is this one:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=911
for anyone wanting to make *complete* languages packs (hardcoded text).
This feature will likely not be fully complete since there are just so many text locations in the code, but is a good start.

Note that the binaries downloaded are not the completed new version, and will be updated as more work is done on them. Since they are pre-release, they are not guranteed to be bug free, so please report any 'new feature' related bugs to us, preferably on the forum so we dont get any duplicates. Also don't expect instant fixes for them should there be any issues, etc.. Basically a general "use at your own risk" ;)

John
John, is this pre-release also coming with a directadmin and taskq that's possible to recompile agains libc6-xen on lenny?

Debian 5.0 is not yet supported. The DA code tree is not related to which OS's work with it. Debian 5.0 needs to have it's own build system first (we're not there yet). FreeBSD 7 64-bit (or FreeBSD 8 64-bit if it comes out soner) is ahead of Debian 5 on the todo list.

John

Hello

Perhaps a stupid question, but is this version ok for a production server ?

Whe host people in France, so a langage system would very nice !

Sky

Ok, so it was a dum question.

Ill get into the frensh transalation then.

Thx,
Sky

Back