standard formmail.cgi

bvvelzen

Verified User
I say at another hosting provider that they don't support own made mail scripts because of the security. But that they did
make there own script that can only be called by a page on there server. Maybe a nice feature or a nice script for someone te make when he has nothing to do :-D, because I don't know how to make that.

google » "formmail"

hotscripts.com» formmail

"Matts formmail script" is one I used years ago which worked well.... no idea how its going now since all the mailing scripts we use are custom :)

Chris

Matt's Formmail script is now 2 years old and it is the one that at least 2 hosts have banned from their servers due to security problems.

It is actually best to use a good php mail script. But if your really must have a Perl/cgi script, check out Dada Mail (formerly Mojo Mail). This one is one the guy is continuing to work on. http://mojo.skazat.com/

And a real good php email script is at http://scripts.dbmasters.net/index.php?n=42&id=39&sid=39

Matt's FormMail.pl script is actually almost 9 years old; according to his readme, he wrote it on June 9, 1995, while he was still a high school student.

It's the latest revision which is two years and two days old today; it was released onApril 19, 2002.

The Secure FormMail.pl we distribute was actually written a bit earlier, February 24, 2002.

But it's quite secure even though the author has put a security warning into his README file; we've never come across one instance of it being hacked.

It's not on my website right now, but I'll be happy to email you a tar.gz file if you'd like one; just write me (address below, in my sig) and ask for FormMail Version 1.9s-p7.

Jeff

Tnx for the good reply's. But i'm now not sure what to do.
I think that so make my server nice and secure i should
disable the mail() function in both php and in cgi script. Then make just 1 php or cgi script wich my customers can use to send
their e-mail form's.

How should I do that? I can make a secure php script. But how do
I disable all mail functions except for my own script?

Back