Versions problem - applications not displaying

sdible

Verified User
Ok,

I know I've posted a few questions, but bear with me.

I'm getting everything cleaned up and getting it so that I will know how to better maintain my VPS in the future.

Today I ran ./build versions to check everything

I notice that some of my applications do not show up with that command.

What is showing up is:

PHP
Apache
ProFTPD
PCRE
curl
FreeType
AWstats
dovecot

Do web applications such as squirrelmail, roundcube, phpmyadmin, etc. not show up?

Is that by design?

Is there another way that I can check those applications?

I was wondering because Atmail was showing up until I removed it. I'm curious as to why the other web apps don't display.

Usually only the main programs are checked and I dont think there is a check built in for checking them.

Usually only the main programs are checked and I dont think there is a check built in for checking them.

That is what I was thinking.

Which is odd that Atmail showed up...

I'm wondering if it is somehow related to my other Atmail issue.

Atmail is no longer showing up when I run ./build versions now that I removed it from options.conf

:)

Yeah I think the versions display should show ever software that is installable via custombuild but I didnt write the software so not sure the reason why the developers did not add version replys for the other software.

Glad you got the atmail thing figured out.

Yeah I think the versions display should show ever software that is installable via custombuild but I didnt write the software so not sure the reason why the developers did not add version replys for the other software.

Glad you got the atmail thing figured out.

Not completely figured out...

I still get the error about the directory not existing. Yeah, I can make the directory, but it seems something else is left behind.

It shows versions about them if the latest version is not installed. If you want - I'll do that it will show that if the latest version is installed too.

It shows versions about them if the latest version is not installed. If you want - I'll do that it will show that if the latest version is installed too.

Ok....

That explains why Atmail was showing up then.

I still had it set to "yes" in options.conf. So when I deleted the directory and DB, CustomBuild thought there was an update.

I think the way it is works fine.

Always show the core components, and only show webapps when there is an update.

Thanks

You can now install a fixed version of the CustomBuild script.

CustomBuild 1.1:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
wget -O custombuild.tar.gz http://www.custombuild.eu/custombuild-1.1.15.tar.gz
tar xzf custombuild.tar.gz
CustomBuild 1.2:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
wget -O custombuild.tar.gz http://www.custombuild.eu/custombuild-1.2.9.tar.gz
tar xzf custombuild.tar.gz

Last edited:
smtalk, the update works, yet if somebody runs the ./build update command they will downgrade to 1.1.14.

Yes, because it's not yet uploaded to DA servers, I think John will do that today.

Back