DNS not resolving after custombuild... so I think!

ream

Hi.. yes I'm a new DA user... and I will not rest until I tame it! :)

Well, I don't know if someone has had the same server behaviour after the update... I've combed the forum and didn't find anything similar.

The build ran flawlessly.. no errors.. no nothing. While monitoring services and system information in my DA, all of the sudden, couldn't browse anymore, getting a "Address Not Found" error on Firefox... so I try to acess via IP:2222 and it worked... cheked again services, system information and system messages.. everything seemed fine.

I then re-cheked the whole procedure and didn't find anything odd, here my options.conf:

#PHP settings. default_php possible values - 4 or 5
default_php=5
php4_cli=no
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=yes
php5_cgi=no
zend=yes

#Possible values - 4.1, 5.0
mysql=5.0
mysql_inst=yes
mysql_backup=yes

#Possible values - 1.3, 2.0 or 2.2
apache_ver=2.2

#Web applications
phpmyadmin=yes
atmail=no
squirrelmail=yes
roundcube=yes
uebimiau=no

#Mail options
exim=yes
mail-header-patch=yes
dovecot=yes

#Statistics
awstats=yes
webalizer=yes

#FTP options
proftpd=yes

#Jailed shell (beta)
jail=no

#CustomBuild options
custombuild=1.1
autover=no
bold=yes
clean=yes
clean_old_webapps=no

#Cron settings
cron=no
[email protected]
notifications=yes
updates=yes

#CustomBuild 1.2 settings
php6_cli=no
php6_cgi=no
php_ini=no
#Possible values - recommended or dist
php_ini_type=recommended
cleanapache=no
fileserver=1
eximconf=no
----------

And yes, I have checked my registrar's DNS settings, didn't touch any of that... other domains work fine as they are pointing somewhere else.

Also try browsing from a web proxy.. didn't work either.

Any help?! any one!? :confused:

Runnin CentOS 4.7 / PHP5 CLI / Apache 2.2 / MySQL 5

It's impossible, CustomBuild doesn't touch any DNS (bind) related files. You should check logs that are in /var/log.

Hi SMTALK, you are absolutly right... sorry for wasting some of your time but I was in the dark...

Anyway, if any one finds the same problem... just go into your DA >> DNS ADMIN ->delete all your DNS entries, re-create them again and it works as new... I'm sure there must be a more straight forward (ssh command / scripting) to re-build your DNS, but it worked for me... only had about 25 entries.

Note that running BIND in a chroot jail is currently incompatible with DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Back