filemanager timeout

netmotiv8

Verified User
Hi,

One of our users is experiencing a problem using filemanager. They use filemanager to edit html, preview then save. However when they come to save the file they are taken back to the login page. When they log back in and go to filemanager and look at the file, the file has not been updated either.

any ideas?

Neil :D

There is session timeout. Probably those users have been editing file for too long.

CyberAlien said:
There is session timeout. Probably those users have been editing file for too long.

How long is 'too long'? I got the impression from the user that it was only a matter of a few words they were editing.

Neil :D

The default session timeout is set to 60 minutes..so unless they were sitting there that long it would be something else.

The only reason DA would send them to the login page would be one of:
1) session timeout (not likely in this case)
2) the session cookie wasn't passed (or received)
3) the IP of the user changed.

It's possible that it's #2 if he's got a browser that I've never tested with and when the data is passed, it sends it differently.. I'm not too sure. Or I've #3 happen for things like satellite connections where it changes your IP from time to time. If it's a repeatable problem only when uploading files, then it's probably #2 either a different browser, or DA isn't finding the cookie.

John

Back