Server admin wanted

thoroughfare

Verified User
Dear all,

I'm exploring the possibility of hiring a new server admin. I've been through one server admin company already because they were too slow. My current admin is good but seems on the slow side too (e.g. 30 days for a kernel recompile).

This vacancy isn't definite, I'm just interested in offers. It is essential that you're available 24/7 to rescue my server should it go down at an unearthly time. I've been running the server for a month (with hired admins) and I've had 100% uptime since then (apart from 20 mins before I signed up to Alertra). You need to be reliable and dependable.

Payment would be up to $100/month. I'd be paying you to keep the server running, investigate problems, enforce security and install/update software; normal admin stuff.

Please PM offers.

Thanks,
Matt :)

You have the monitoring yourself I assume?

Also, what OS?

Chris

Yep I have my own Alertra account. I should have been more specific, sorry:

RedHat 9/DirectAdmin

Hello,

I'd be happy to offer you assistance. I work for Quack Web Inc. but I am also looking to be a server admin with someone else. I can get your server back online anytime it goes down as a computer is never too far for me. If you are interested send me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss this further. I look forward to doing business with you.

I'm looking for something similar. A company that looks after one FreeBSD 5.2 server 24/7

Security
Backup setup
Soft install (webmail, cvs,etc.)
Kernel recompile

Monitoring is done by The Planet.

Price could range from $50 to $100 depending on what you're offering.

I meant to say thanks for everyone who wrote to me, it's much appreciated. I've found someone for the job, but I'll keep you all in mind should I ever need another admin.

Thanks again,

Jeff, I know your page and I've tried to reach you several times, but my last two tries have been left without answers (30th march and 6th of April)...

Thanks for letting me know, Olivier...

I just looked back through my email store, and I mistakenly thought I was waiting for you to have the OS reload done.

Now I see you wanted me to arrange that.

I'll contact you privately immediately.

Jeff

ill do it for free but a kinda of cheack in when i can kind of thing witch would be quit offten casue im always on the internet

Note that this is _hustler_'s first post on a DirectAdmin forum.

I suppose you can trust him, eh ? Why would someone be willing to work on your server for free?

_hustler_, please tell us more about yourself, your experience with DirectAdmin, etc.

Or are you just googling for anyone looking for a sysadmin?

Jeff

Back