enforce_difficult_passwords issue in 1.33.0

tarquel

Verified User
Hi all

When i add the following to the directadmin.conf:

Code:
enforce_difficult_passwords=1

and restart the directadmin service, as per the KB article about this new feature here:

http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=910

and then when trying to Resend Welcome Email with the New Random Password checkbox checked, I get the following:

Program Error

Details

A segmentation fault has occurred
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=185

Works fine when the option is off i.e. 0 and also, it only happens when I follow this:

If you wish to make changes to it, copy it to:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/difficult_password.php

I only changed the amount of characters required from 6 to 8.

If you dont copy the file, it works fine. I changed the original from 6 to 8 in the normal file and that works fine.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers
Nath.

Last edited:
Are there errors in /var/log/directadmin/error.log

There was but nothing exactly descriptive:

2008:12:21-21:45:44: *** Segmentation fault *** getHomeDir : <thetargetusername> : done : User: <usernameperformingthechange> : <myip> : /CMD_RESEND_EMAIL : (null) : user=<thetargetusername>&email=<theemailaddressentered>&newpass=yes

obviously I've edited out the info within the < > tags - the < > symbols were not in the actual log also.

My post is more for info than anything, its just the custom one that doesnt work.

Cheers
Nath.

Take it you didnt see the title of the thread Geoff ;)

I should edit it really to state DA 1.33.0 i guess.

Basically, theres a bug in the process if you want to use the custom method outined in the DA KB article.

Cheers
Nath.

Hello,

Thanks for the report.

If possible, can you paste us a gdb dump of the segfault, as per the guide mentioned? It will assist us in tracking down the issue.
Include what OS version is being used.

I may need the password you're feeding in order to see if I can duplicate it on our build systems. I have not been able to duplicate the error with things I've been trying. Obviously, don't paste the password in the forum, just email it to us, including the link to this thread (if you want https://www.directadmin.com/clients/safesubmit.php). Note that because this item can be disabled, I'll be looking at it after the holidays.

Thanks!

John

Take it you didnt see the title of the thread Geoff ;)
I suppose you mean me, even though my folks named me Jeff and not Geoff :).

You're absolutely right. I read evey post on these forums, and most of the time I don't scroll up to see the name of the thread, or who started it; I just respond to each post taken at face value. I guess I should sometimes be more thorough :D.

For what it's worth, my point in asking was to make sure that when John (DirectAdmin Support) looked at the thread he'd have all the information he needed.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff hehe

After the amount of posts I've read of yours, I should have spelt your name right so shame on me ;) *slaps own face with wet fish*

Hope my post didnt come out offensively... was only a little joke :)

@John:

Hi :)

I did try following the guide but when getting to the gdb command, CentOS looked at me blankly with a unknown command type response so... :S

Something i need to add to my webserver somehow to do this for you?

Havent been giving it a password, as i've only tried selecting a user via All Users in the Admin section, modifiying the properties and then choosing the Resend Welcome Email [have underlined it in the first post for you :)] with the New Random Password checkbox checked, so I'm not actually using a password that I select as such (if that makes sense :)).

Cheers
Nath.

Back