3josh

Verified User
I know reseller is a dirty word around here - I mean
dedicated server providers.

On every other control panel website that I've seen,
there is a section for companies that prodvide dedicated
servers with that cp to be listed. Call it partners,
call it resellers, call it featured customers, call it
hosting solution providers, but call it _something_.

Why? Because these are the people that have chosen
to use DA, and you want these people to grow, because
then DA will grow. Marketing needs to be a self-building
vortex just to get enough people aware of your product.

And there's not even a forum here where us gung-ho
DA solution providers can say 'umm, we can rent you a nifty
server with DA - come see our website'??

Am I missing something here?

-josh

Good point. We offer DA dedicated servers in Atlanta and Florida, but the specific control panel isn't highlighted on our site.

I'll take care of that today.

As for an "advertising" forum for resellers.. THIS ONE might be appropriate.

Joe

I don't see how you expect to generate new customers by advertising your reseller services here on the DirectAdmin forum in a special section listing resellers. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd assume most people here are resellers or host companies already using DA, or they have a single site using the DA control panel. I think the examples you refer to -- of a forum section where people post mini-ads for their reseller businesses -- I think those are more a token gesture of good will than a real material benefit to the people posting there. That's my 2 cents worth.

What Joe says he'll do sounds like a separate issue -- he's going to advertise on his own site that his company uses the DA control panel. That's a good idea and I've been planning to do the same on my reseller business's site.

hostpc.com said:
As for an "advertising" forum for resellers.. THIS ONE might be appropriate.
Actually the forum you point to was added the same day the "Sites using DA" forum was removed.

Jeff

Its not advertising as much as it is legitimizing.
For both parties, it is probably helpful. Server providers may not get immediate customer recognition, however I disagree with this somewhat, because as a reseller for example I often look at the CP's site and if they link to providers offering their CP it is quite helpful. But having a partner list with quality providers also adds credentials to the scale of the DA impact on the market...
If the providers also promote DA, it adds a certain comfort level to the consumer knowing that there is a partnership between the two entities involved in providing the core of their service.

I'd like to see it as well.

When we were Plesk Gold Parterns we got some good contacts from being listed as a Gold Partner on the Plesk site.

And Plesk got value, as well, from being able to show how many companies thought it important to partner with them.

Jeff

Last edited:
I agree with Jeff (silly not to :D )

Most control panel vendors use the reseller channel actively to promote their wares. It's a 2 way street where both parties gain.

Back