google still sees deleted item

Ismael

I'm not sure this should be placed here, if not sorry. My problem is that google still sees a doc that is currently not in my file list online. So i've deletes it online with directadmin. I've done that a week ago, but google still sees it. The problem is that there is adres info in that particular doc. If you click doc google will say that it is deleted. If you choose html you'll see the complete doc!!

Last edited:
You cannot delete the google cache. You can try to contact google and see if they will delete it for you.

if Google gets a 404 quite often for a particular item, they delete it from the index eventually...

The first two links don't have content; the first one leads to the Google home page, the second one to a 404 error.

What you're seeing may be your own browser cache.

I've moved the thread; it's definitely Off-Topic for DirectAdmin.

Jeff

The first two links don't have content; the first one leads to the Google home page, the second one to a 404 error.

What you're seeing may be your own browser cache.

I've moved the thread; it's definitely Off-Topic for DirectAdmin.

Jeff
It looks like he posted this somewhere else that had a code in to shorten long links. So when he copied it from there and posted it here, it copied the shortened versions, not the full length ones.

To the OP, Google will remove it in time. If you want it done ASAP, look into the Webmaster Tools for Google.

it seems to allright now. I put a tag in the head of my index page <meta name="robots" content="noarchive"> and now it seems to b gone. Thanks everyone:)

well if you can not change it untill google recreate it's indexing
do this
do not delete your doc if you have deleted it create another one
same name but instead put some useless not related information in there so that
if some body clicks on google they get wrong information:)

simply a trick untill the problem gets solved

Back