suspending disk limit

deltaned

Verified User
Hi,

Is it possible to suspend a customer automaticly when he use more diskspace than the package (same option as the datalimit)

Better is the option that FTP / Mail / WEB doesent accept more than the package.
Now it is possibe that a customer that will have 100 MB disk space use 250 MB without any problem.

Hello,

The system quotas should stop a User from using up too much space. Instead of suspending him, it would just prevent him from using more space... That is, of course, if you have quotas in your kernel. The exception to the rule are the databases and email data (if not under same quota partition).

The suspend on disk space option is not currently implemented, but shoud enough demand emerge, of course it could be added. There would be issues.. like, if a User is suspended, he'll have no way of removing his files so that he can be unsuspended :) That's part of the reason the option isn't there.

John

Hi John,

I have a lot of users whu have more diskspace in use than allocated.
How can I stop this users to use more?

Perhaps good old fashioned communcation might work..give him a few days to clean up his account, and failing that, suspend him. Pehaps a feature could be added *if* there was a cleanup grace period and lots of email being sent out as a warning, because like I said, once an account is suspended, the user can't login to clear it out.

John

I send an mail and he will clean up, but after some days he use 2x as allocated by uploading files.

I wish to block the upload if he is on his limit of allocated.
otherwise I send every week an mail to some users.

Suspending is not the best option.
Better is the option to block uploading if he is at his allocated limit

As John has already said, uploading should be disabled providing you have quota enabled with your kernel.

Chris

Back