MySQL upgrade to 5.1 problem

dicktump

Verified User
I have a problem with upgrading MySQL to 5.1. For some reason it can't find the new MySQL file. Also, for some reason, the MD5 hash in the versions file is the MD5 hash from the MySQL source package. IIRC CustomBuild usually uses the MySQL binary packages?

Also, some kind of check whether the download works or not would be nice. Now, MySQL just removed the symlink and everything, eventhough the new version isn't actually installed.

The error I get is:
Code:
corvette:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# sh build mysql
--10:07:05--  http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/mysql/debian/mysql-5.1.30-linux-i686.tar.gz                                                             
           => `mysql-5.1.30-linux-i686.tar.gz'                                  
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 72.35.85.222                                 
Connecting to files.directadmin.com[72.35.85.222]:80... connected.              
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found                           
10:07:05 ERROR 404: Not Found.                                                  

Stopping mysqld ...
Stopping mysqld:                [ FAILED ]

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1       
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
build: line 2153: cd: mysql: No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/usr/local/mysql-5.1.30-linux-i686': No such file or directory                                                                            
/etc/init.d/mysqld: line 9: cd: /usr/local/mysql: No such file or directory     
Giving mysqld a few seconds to start up...

I know 404 is a File Not Found error, but still there is the wrong hash in versions.txt (the hash of the source package):

mysql5.1:5.1.30:b658e58887a74dce65224ae0fc8ee06a

corvette:~# md5sum mysql-5.1.30-linux-i686-glibc23.tar.gz
3dee2fed669efe6ab9aa502bc982240f mysql-5.1.30-linux-i686-glibc23.tar.gz

Also, I think custombuild should stop with doing things when an error occurs. I have seen many times that it still upgrades MySQL, eventhough the backup didn't work, or in this case the MySQL file didn't download (it even didn't check MD5, because there was no MD5 to check!).

I was just trying to help you get MySQL installed not fix Custombuild. I thought you wanted MySQL installed. Sorry I misunderstood.

I've edited the tar.gz filename and directory name of the tar.gz to remove the -glibc23 bit.. easier than redoing the build script with a bunch of if-statements. Give it a try now.

John

Back