CustomBuild 1.1.17 and 1.2.11

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Changelog:
* [FEATURE] Ability to update webapps only, using cron feature (autoupdates).
* [FEATURE] Ability to create options.conf (./build create_options).
* [FEATURE] Security option (add some functions to disable_functions list in php.ini), "./build secure_php".
* [FEATURE/BUGFIX] Detection of CPU cores on FreeBSD.
* [BUGFIX] Uebimiau quotas are set to unlimited.
* [BUGFIX] If clean_old_webapps is set to yes, it is executed one time more before exit.
* [BUGFIX] Restart apache after PHP update when "./build update_versions" is used.
* [BUGFIX] Set RoundCube folder names with INBOX. instead of setting imap_root and delimiter. (Fixes http://directadmin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148910&postcount=847)

Last edited:
Neat additions, specially the webapps, as this will surely help on future bugs like the one on roundcube.

Thanks again for everything smtalk!

How to update to CustomBuild 1.1.17?
run
./build versions

but there is nothing to update.

aw, and how to know which version of CustomBuild i'm using ?

* Dramatic speed improvement on servers with more than 1 CPU (using make -j cores instead of make for Apache, PHP and exim).

to get speed improvement, mean i need to rebuild all (apache, mysql, php ...) or just update CustomBuild ?

thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for adding the multicore CPU feature, it is much faster ... and it already decreased downtime for a few of our servers, when I did an Apache upgrade from 1.3 to 2.2 (Apache can't start with those upgrades, because PHP is not compiled for the new Apache version).

dicktump, it's great to hear that, thank you :) We are planning to add multicore CPU support for all make processes (at the moment it's only added to PHP and Apache).

Would be very nice to have that. Libxml2 also takes a few minutes to compile, on some servers. And most servers I am working on, do have either two or more cores, or two or more physical CPU's. But it's less important than Apache and PHP.

Thanks for all your great work! :)

dicktump, it's great to hear that, thank you :) We are planning to add multicore CPU support for all make processes (at the moment it's only added to PHP and Apache).

You dont have to edit it for all processes just update /etc/make.conf

scsi, I do, because make command depends on the user (so, he can even use -j2 or no -j at all if he wants) and we shouldn't change system defaults.

As far as I know, the /etc/make.conf file is a FreeBSD (ports) and Gentoo (portage) only configuration file. I have never seen such a file on other systems.

As far as I know, the /etc/make.conf file is a FreeBSD (ports) and Gentoo (portage) only configuration file. I have never seen such a file on other systems.

Yes, you are right :) But we wouldn't like to use it on FreeBSD too.

Back