Redhat 9 question

Kiwi_Tech

Verified User
System Requirements on setup says

Operating System:
Redhat Linux 7.2, Redhat Linux 7.3, Redhat Linux 8.0, or Redhat Linux 9.0.
FreeBSD 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2.

We suggest a simple partition structure of:

/boot 40 meg
swap 2 x memory
/ rest of drive
I was told RH9 had to have at least 100megs boot.

and on the Lifetime Licenses I can still come here for support after 90 days right :)

Any other tips for installation on a
P4 2.4GHZ
120 Gig HDD
1 GB ram

Kiwi_Tech said:
System Requirements on setup says

I was told RH9 had to have at least 100megs boot.
Sounds like BS to me, why use 100 MB if you only need ~25 (when on large install)
and on the Lifetime Licenses I can still come here for support after 90 days right :)
I thought DA made a statement somewhere about still giving support after the 90 days :D

Any other tips for installation on a
P4 2.4GHZ
120 Gig HDD
1 GB ram
Seems nice, just watch out with backups :D
>100 GB is much to backup

thanx

for the quick reply yeah I figured I could come here I just figured I'd double check :)

Hmm so the full install is only 25 megs? Yeah on my other ded running cp the dc turned my 80 gig into a 60gig.

Hehe Well I've got half a Terabyte on one of my personal computers here so other than it taking forever I should be ok :)

I'm still thinking I shoulda went with the 2.4 hyper threading but ahh it will be ok.

Re: thanx

Kiwi_Tech said:
for the quick reply yeah I figured I could come here I just figured I'd double check :)

Hmm so the full install is only 25 megs? Yeah on my other ded running cp the dc turned my 80 gig into a 60gig.
I meant the /boot :D
A entire DA install is between 10 and 300 MB (something around there)

Hehe Well I've got half a Terabyte on one of my personal computers here so other than it taking forever I should be ok :)

I'm still thinking I shoulda went with the 2.4 hyper threading but ahh it will be ok.
It'll work out :)

Yeah I know you meant boot I'm just shocked it only needs 25. Then again I was actually shocked when they said 40. Oh well I'm just curious now why I was told 100 for boot...I'm wondering if they meant for zend or apache,php or other installs also not knowing that da installs that (Not zend of course) :D

your boot partition can be as low as around 5mb, 25 is fine, 40 is fine, 100 is fine and 250+ is fine.... its doubtful you need more than 25-50 though..... theres nothing wrong with a large boot partition, some just consider 100mb a waste of space that could be used elsewhere...

Chris

Back