Lifetime Licence ???

JKW

Hello,

I was thinking of buying the DA lifetime licence.

But i've stil some questions

1. The only difference between the "rent" licences and the lifetime licence is the 90 Days limited support ?

2. When i buy v. 1.17 i get free updates? But when there a new release of DA let's say v 2.0 my free updates are gone?

3. If yes, is it then possible to buy a new licence of v. 2.0 with a special price?

Thanks in advance

JKW

Hello,

1. Correct, with a lifetime, you only get 90 days of support, monthly (or quarterly or yearly) you get unlimited support.

2. Lifetime licenses get all updates, any version, for 1 year. monthly licenses get all updates, for as long as they're paying.

3. If you have a lifetime license and it's passed one year, you can get additional updates for $25. Security updates and patches will be free.

John

if i'd buy a license through a reseller, does that include all updates? or do i have to pay after 1 year again?

I thought the Life-time was, well... Lifetime. Where does it say on the pricing options page that there are only 1 year of major updates :confused:

We haven't actually been enforcing the 1 year rule, as we've taken it off the web site (that's why you guys can't find it). It's mostly a promotion, just to attract business. Those of you visiting our web site within the first month of opening may remember the "1 year of upgrades" notice by the lifetime pricing option.

Bulk purchasers may be limited to 1 year (and must pay upgrade fees), but that's on an individual basis and wouldn't affect you. You won't need to pay for upgrades unless we specifically e-mailed you and said so while negotiating pricing.

Now, here's the catch. :D Lifetime licenses may not be around much longer, as they are not something we can sustain forever. This isn't a change we will be making right away, so don't worry too much.

Mark

so, does a lifetime license include limetime updates or not?

if i am told not to get the updates for free after 1 year by you through email i have to pay per year? correct me if i am wrong, cause its not very clear to me

For a lifetime license the way I understand it you only get one year of updates. After that it is $25 at any point to get another year of updates.

If thats the case, it isn't to bad but it would be good to have that on the purchase page.

Clarification:

You will get lifetime updates. Initially we set the updates to one year, but removed that restriction.

Mark

Back