safemode question

neorder

Verified User
i've enabled safemode.

i have a customer's site based on IPB, it's working normal, but i saw two problems.

1. what's TTF mode for GD? the recommanded is enable TTF by IPB, but if i enable TTF with GD, the random number can't be displayed when a new user try to register.

2. i saw this on top of the forum admin panel
"Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 519 is not allowed to access / owned by uid 0 in /home/miyuki/domains/mydomain.net/public_html/bbs/sources/Admin/ad_index.php on line 100

Warning: opendir(/domains/mydomain.net/public_html/bbs/uploads/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/miyuki/domains/mydomain.net/public_html/bbs/sources/Admin/ad_index.php on line 100"

any suggestion how to solve it?

thanks.

Hello,

1) TTF? not too sure. Something to do with freetype.. possibly True Type Fonts? (my best guess). After a quick google, it appears you'd need to add:

--with-ttf

to your configure.php file and recompile php.

2) Looks like the script is trying to sneak out of it's home. It's trying to read the directory contents of / (server root directory)..so what's probably happening is someone forgot to setup the paths in the configuration of the script, so it's appending thinking that /something is actuall /full/path/public_html/something .. meaning /full/path/public_html was not entered in the script configuration.

The 2nd part of the error says it's trying to open /domains/mydomain.net/public_html/bbs/uploads/ which is probably a related problem. The full path should actually be:

/home/username/domains/mydomain.net/public_html/bbs/uploads/

The filemanager is chrooted to /home/username which is why you don't see it when browsing through DA.

John

Back