ESS7 is down & not sure where to ask about it

buhacoff

Is this the right place to post questions about servers being down?

It's not a question for user-level, apache, dns, etc. areas of the forum and this looked like the best place.

I'm on ESS7 and right now I can't reach it at all... not even with a ping or by DNS lookup... I get "unknown host" error from ping and when I use dig or nslookup they just don't return any results.

So besides any info you can provide on when ESS7 may be back up, please let me know if there is a special area just for stuff like that or if the system-level discussion is an ok place.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: ESS7

Oh, sorry guys, my web-hosting provider had two links to online forums and I must have clicked the wrong one !! (they use DirectAdmin)

Forget I said anything :)

BTW DirectAdmin is really pleasant to use.

Johnathan,

I'm an ex-PWS reseller (just closed my account, I have my own dedicated servers now) and there's some major problems going on over there at the moment. They've outsourced their support to outside companies and it looks as though no one is really looking after the business at the moment - certainly none of the staff are posting in the forums.

HTH,
Matt

(OT) Re: ESS7, PWS, ex-reseller

Yeah, I am sharply aware of their lack of support. I lost all my customers earlier this month due to a billing "misunderstanding", which was my fault -- but since they didn't respond to my support tickets for like three days, and during this time my account was suspended, all my customers took their business elsewhere. Nobody can be down for 3 days, it's ridiculous.

So I was about to become an ex-reseller there myself, but when I looked around for alternatives, it seemed like a very harsh landscape, and I didn't feel like risking it with someone else when I had already learned all the tough lessons at PWS.

There are a lot of good people here (including me) who offer DA reseller accounts; I'm sure you can find someone you'd be able to trust your business with.

Jeff

Back