Exim sending e-mails locally.

mattw

Hi. I'm wondering how I can stop Exim from sending e-mails locally for domains that are hosted on my server. I want it to just send the e-mail to the domain itself, and not by what the server says.
For example, fakedomain.com may be on the domains list, but its mail may be hosted elsewhere. Right now, exim is sending to the local fakedomain.com instead of the "real" fakedomain.com

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Matt Walker
[email protected]
http://www.little-hill.net/

The default DA exim configuration file decides whether a domain is hosted locally or not by checking this file:

/etc/virtual/domains

You can change exim's default behavior any way you want, but teaching how is certainly well beyond the scope of this forum.

Exim classes are held in the UK (and I believe there's one scheduled for the US soon), or you can buy the exim book.

if you buy the exim book, don't by the one published by O'Reilly; it's for an older version and does NOT describe the current exim.conf file.

Instead by the new one, published by UIT Cambridge.

Jeff

Jeff,

Once again, your posts here have made a great contribution to the forum. We were able to resolve the issue by simply commenting the domain out in /etc/virtual/domains.

Hello,

It's also settable from:

User Panel -> Email -> MX Records -> Local Mailserver.

If you uncheck that option, it producs the same effect.

John

Thanks, John.

I thought there was something in the conrol panel but I searched for about fifteen minutes and couldn't find it.

I'll try to remember this time.

:)

Jeff

Back