Simple webmail questions

Blair

Verified User
I have webmail set up and running but what I don't get is how do I set the users email to be collected by webmail? In other words how to I set the inbound emails to resolve to webmail? This is all under one domain. I know this is most likely really simple!

regards

Blair

Two webmail scripts come with DirectAdmin; UebiMiau, and SquirrelMail.

Neither needs anything to be done to read email.

UebiMiau uses POP3, SquirrelMail uses IMAP.

They both just "do" it.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I am using UebiMiau so any incomming email to [email protected] will go to their UebiMiau account?? Do I need to set anything for catch all? to set to be recieved by UebiMiau? Sorry if I seem dense on this on sometimes things that are so obviouse are confusing?:confused:

Blair

If you set a catchall in DA to an account on the DA server, then you can use webmail to read it.

Jeff

Webmail works exactly as a typical email client would...

you login using the login information you would use in outlook or any other client, it downloads it live lime your client would, it leaves the emails on your system to be later downloaded on a client, which you can usually configure in your client....

Just consider it your actual email client (for example OE) that you can access through a web based control panel while your not at your main system, or even when you are at your main system... it can be used as a complete alternative :)

Chris

Back