Lots of Questions for Decisions to use DA

nomad71

I have a few questions and would appreciate some help with the answers:

1) Is Red Hat Linux Enterprise ES supported with DA?
I purchased it for another project which is complete, but can and would like to repurpose it for DA.

2) What billing software works and integrates well with DA? If it does not integrate, which one would people recommending for use?

3) Helpdesk Software? I don't mind paying for quality, again if it is not integrated, which ones have successfully worked well?

4) Is there a list of payment gateways that have been tested and are working with DA successfully?

I am at the point of trying to decide between H-sphere or DA.

Thank you in advance!

1) Is Red Hat Linux Enterprise ES supported with DA?
I purchased it for another project which is complete, but can and would like to repurpose it for DA.

I can only assume DA is compatible with RH Enterprise - the only real requirement is that there is a / or /home partition.

2) What billing software works and integrates well with DA? If it does not integrate, which one would people recommending for use?
DA has a very expandable API, which is continually undergoing additions and updates. Any billing software that allows for control panel integration/custom modules would be able to integrate with DA.

3) Helpdesk Software? I don't mind paying for quality, again if it is not integrated, which ones have successfully worked well?
DA includes it's own helpdesk software, where tickets can be reported to both resellers and admins, by users and resellers respectively.

4) Is there a list of payment gateways that have been tested and are working with DA successfully?
- As I said in response to your second question, any payment application that allows control panel modules or integration can utilize DA's API. I intend on integrating ClientExec with DA as soon as ClientExec releases Paysystems Autopayment (very soon).

I am at the point of trying to decide between H-sphere or DA.
I run DA on one of my machines, and I recommend it to friends - I am a very big fan. The only two features, however, that I feel (at the moment) H-Sphere has, that DA does not, are:
1) Built-in payment solution (which I personally feel is useless, since there are many more expandable applications available (ie. modernbill or clientexec)).
2) Multiple server management from a central location. This is a really neat feature, especially for administrators who run services such as mail/dns/mysql on seperate servers. After DA is released with freeBSD support and the majority of the major bugfixes and upgrades are made, I am under the impression that this feature is being taken into consideration for future releases.

Hope this helps!

Back