What is Direct Admin?

theezy

I joined this forum thinking it was just a webmaster/admin community.
Im sorry for coming off sounding stupid but does this site provide some sort of software or something.. What is it? Whats it all about? :confused:

And this forum is directly related to using DirectAdmin. It is not for general webmaster problems or discussions. If you do not use DirectAdmin this is probably not the forum for you.

It's much better than cPanel :D.

Jeff

Thats your opinion. Yes its better in some ways about Cpanels automation and features blow DA away. Da has fallen way behind in what it used to be only a year ago im afraid. Lets see, what fantastic features have been added to DA in the past year? Hmm, im thinking and cant really come up with many. Just the occassional bug fix other than that it falls short. It cant even support FreeBSD properly. Give me a break!

And this forum is directly related to using DirectAdmin. It is not for general webmaster problems or discussions. If you do not use DirectAdmin this is probably not the forum for you.
I suppose you are right. I am a loyal cPanel user. :p

Thats your opinion. Yes its better in some ways about Cpanels automation and features blow DA away. Da has fallen way behind in what it used to be only a year ago im afraid. Lets see, what fantastic features have been added to DA in the past year? Hmm, im thinking and cant really come up with many. Just the occassional bug fix other than that it falls short. It cant even support FreeBSD properly. Give me a break!

And that is your opinion and why I never listen to reviews of anything.

This is not the place to have a DA Cpanel fight. Only DA users should be here anyway.

I have no interest in having a DA/Cpanel fight, but I'm very curious to know which features, specifically, that you feel "blow DA away"? I'm really interested in seeing how DA could be improved, so any concise, constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps because he really did end up in the wrong place as he said. Now's not the time to argue with him; better to win him over ;).

I've moved the thread; it's still off-topic, but now it's in the right place.

Jeff

A DirectAnswer to his DirectQuestion is that DirectAdmin seems to have a major hassle incorporating WordPress latest atomated upgrade facility. My Host has been unable to get 'Permissions' through to me so I can perform the 'One Click' updrade.
People not using DA, for instance cPanel which I had on my previous blog, are just being asked, at most, for the standard FTP/API related data and Bingo!

But DirectAdmin seems unable to cope with this rude invasion of its apache territory?
Or not . . . I got no reply to my specific question in this Forum on that topic.

Perhaps this is just the "We use DA. We are cool Forum?"
heh
We am tha angel Rai of Oz. We am coo lool

DirectAdmin does not have anything to do with WordPress. They are two unrelated pieces of software.

It's possible that ownership issues, possibly default ownership settings made by DirectAdmin, are causing problems with the WordPress update. You'd need someone with experience in ownership/permissions security to log into your server and look.

Jeff

Back