DA Skin

sly596

Hello,

I'm looking for someone that can take my current design, and make a custom DA skin for me. I'm looking for fully custom, something along these lines:

https://pe1.precisioneffect.com:2222/

user: demo_user
pass: demo

Can you please PM me with quotes, and any past experience skinning DA?

Thanks a lot,
Pete

I've made minor modifications to mine, but that one you linked as an example is just incredible. One of the best DA skins/customizations I've ever seen. Kudos to PrecisionEffect for rolling out such an awesome control panel with DirectAdmin.

Wish I could help you out. :/

The design is also copyrighted by them; you should be very careful how closely you copy it, since that's what copyright is specifically designed to prevent.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I have absolutely no intentions on copying their design. I am strictly using it as an example of the amount of customization that I want.

Pete

I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to find a DA skin developer. This proves to me that the skinning system for DA needs some work. I've worked about a week on a skin myself, but I wanted to post a request to see if it was just my skills lacking.

Have you folks ever considered using an open source system such as smarty? It seems to be a problem facing many of the popular control panels. Easier custom skinning would certainly draw much more attention to DA.

Pete

wow! Thats one superb skin! but what do i edit the change the login page?
ie. mydomain:2222

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I'm actually the designer of the skin and it's really great to hear so many good things about it.

DirectAdmin is definitely not the easiest thing to skin and the table-based layout is really getting dated. Does anyone know if there are any plans to clean things up in the near future?

As jlasman stated, this design is for our use only and is copyrighted as such :)

In the US it's against the law to sell your kidneys, or any other body part, though of course it's been done.

daveg has done an excellent job. Why don't you do an excellent job as well :).

We have both artists and programmers but as of now I've never thought people were willing to pay that much for skins.

Jeff

Hello,

I'm looking for someone that can take my current design, and make a custom DA skin for me. I'm looking for fully custom, something along these lines:

https://pe1.precisioneffect.com:2222/

user: demo_user
pass: demo

Can you please PM me with quotes, and any past experience skinning DA?

Thanks a lot,
Pete
hhmmm, Where do I saw that before? I cant remember now.
But I like it so much.

Back