Update webalizer don't work

Arie

Verified User
I can't update webalizer to webalizer 2.21, I have search this forum but i can't find the anser about this problem.

When i use custombuild with the command ./build webalizer
i see directly the prompt

When i use the DA tool ( http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=63 ) don't update webalizer.

I've using RedHat CentOS 5.0

It seems like custombuild doesn't update webalizer if it's already installed (see "build" 1.1, line 5007), no matter which version.

I can of course update it manually, but it would be nice to have custombuild update it as it does with all the rest.

I take it this hasnt been fixed yet? I'm having the same problem and glad to see others are too. I hate when I have a problem and I'm the only one. :p

Hello,

There is an exception with webalizer. It checks for webalizer on your system (/usr/bin/webalizer or /usr/local/bin/webalizer on freebsd). If the webalizer binary exists, it quits. This is just because webalizer is included with the install, and customapache/custombuild are just backups for it's install if the webalizer binary is missing.

In any case, to update webalizer with custombuild.

1) ensure you have webalizer=yes in your options.conf

2) rename your existing webalizer binary to something else:
Code:
mv /usr/bin/webalizer /usr/bin/webalizer.old
3) Then custombuild will let you compile it:
Code:
./build webalizer
I may be changing that to not do the binary check, and defaulting to webalizer=no in the option so the build script doesn't have that exception, which is confusing.

John

Also, updating the KB with new binaries would be nice, I never had working webalizer until I deleted the bin in CentOS5.2. But the idea of defaulting it to "no" in options.conf and avoid deleting the file, or maybe just telling "Webalizer binary found" as to avoid confusion would help.

Hello,

There is an exception with webalizer. It checks for webalizer on your system (/usr/bin/webalizer or /usr/local/bin/webalizer on freebsd). If the webalizer binary exists, it quits. This is just because webalizer is included with the install, and customapache/custombuild are just backups for it's install if the webalizer binary is missing.

In any case, to update webalizer with custombuild.

1) ensure you have webalizer=yes in your options.conf

2) rename your existing webalizer binary to something else:
Code:
mv /usr/bin/webalizer /usr/bin/webalizer.old
3) Then custombuild will let you compile it:
Code:
./build webalizer
I may be changing that to not do the binary check, and defaulting to webalizer=no in the option so the build script doesn't have that exception, which is confusing.

John
Hello,
It show me some error..

"configure: error: gd library not found.. please install libgd"

That's a fairly specific error message. You can find lots of information on installing libgd on these forums.

Jeff

dear jeff, i do it all.. but also have problem..
im using CentOS 5.3 64bit, webalizer default haven't install for me.. :(

custombuild doesn't work for centos 5. A lot of message in different forum.
I've found solution in another post :
Code:
wget -O /usr/local/bin/webalizer http://files.directadmin.com/services/5/webalizer
chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/webalizer

Back