POP3 and IMAP

enginaar

Verified User
Hello,

One of my domains having troubles with incoming mails. The incoming mail seems completed in exim mainlog, I can see the mail in "/home/user/imap/domain.com/mailuser/Maildir/" but the mailuser can't see the mail from outlook. Is it ok that pop3 mails are kept in an imap folder?

Thanks a lot.

In linux and unix they're subdirectories :).

Yes. DirectAdmin (perhaps unintuitively) caled the subdirectory imap because they were already using the Maildir subdirectory for the main username email for the site. But the subdirectory name is just a name. It means nothing to the system.

Are you using the entire email address as the username in the Outlook login? You should.

Have you tried any other email program to see if the problem is with your Outlook settings?

Jeff

I double checked the login information. But didn't try a different email client, I checked mails from webmail and they were there. I thinks outlooks is the problem. Thank you jlasman.

Try mozilla thunderbird and see if the problem persists.

Setup a new mail account and have them use that one, then setup a fwd to that new account from the old email address.

Outlook was set to keep downloaded mails in server. It's solved by downloading them all again. Thank you all.

Back