Update Available Email bug

jca

Verified User
Hi, DirectAdmin 1.33.3 is just out, and I manually updated it; yet when I received the cron report, it showed the following:

Code:
DirectAdmin 1.33.3 to 1.33.2 update is available.

Now, from my point of view, custombuild should not email if the installed version is newer than the available.

As always thanks for this excellent tool!

Jose

Hello,

John (DirectAdmin staff) decides when a new version of DirectAdmin needs to be added to the CustomBuild script and is ready for a mass-update. About the notifications, I don't think that it should only email when a new version of particular software is available, because that "newer" version could have a bug etc., and then CustomBuild should recommend you to downgrade it.

Hmm, agreed. Right now the version checker only looks for mismatches. It's trickier (but not impossible) to check for "Greater than" for 3 decimal digits places, which would avoid that. I'll likely be changing the version for DA in custombuild a few days after a release to ease into new releases. I'll just update the number now anyway, since it's due to be set regardless.

John

If there is in theory a bug, there is no downgrading anyway. I'd fix said bug and make a new version with the fix, we only move forwards in vesions.

John

Back