DA languages

wchost

Verified User
Hey,

I am just curious, if I need to change the languages in the skin, do I just simply change in the skin files?

or is there something like cPanel where we can change in language files?

thanks

I would be willing to translate it for you into dutch if you want:

Im currently doing economics at the university of Rotterdam, and am 21 years old. Just to ease your mind, that your not dealing with a 13 year old kid :)

Changing the text in the skins is all we can do at the momment. The DirectAdmin binary is written in english (all error messages etc), so any dynamically generated text (to fill tokens for example) will still be in english. Adding multiple languages to the actual program would be a huge undertaking, and would take considerable time in itself, not even including any of the translations (from what I have seen, wouldn't be a problem :)).

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Changing the text in the skins is all we can do at the momment. The DirectAdmin binary is written in english (all error messages etc), so any dynamically generated text (to fill tokens for example) will still be in english. Adding multiple languages to the actual program would be a huge undertaking, and would take considerable time in itself, not even including any of the translations (from what I have seen, wouldn't be a problem :)).

John

Thats good to hear because for cPanel, we need to change 44 pages of document page!

Which is a hard work unless I pay $99US for that~ ofcourse it seems worth it but then, creating myself is a bit challenging and is more fun then paying out $$~

Cheers

Thanks

the new default skin will come in dutch and english flavours, and we can translate if people can provide a list of phrases/words that will need translating

Do you have any such list of phrases/words for translation

If you do I would certainly like to have it, I have another control panel that a friend of mine helped and we have many phrases translated into Chinese, both Traditional and Simplfied,

let me know,

also is your Control panel finished yet? as I would like to use it.

Thanks

What is the cost, does your demo work?

we must need a pssswrd for demo. If you supply this in Dutch and English, then you must have a list of strings for a language kit or are you speaking of the gui only?

What is the cost for your CP?

Re: Do you have any such list of phrases/words for translation

DymTym said:
If you do I would certainly like to have it, I have another control panel that a friend of mine helped and we have many phrases translated into Chinese, both Traditional and Simplfied,

let me know,

also is your Control panel finished yet? as I would like to use it.

Thanks

Do you mean that you have already managed to translate the DA skin to chinese and ready to use? or you were talking about another CP?

i'm very very internested!

wchost said:
Thats good to hear because for cPanel, we need to change 44 pages of document page!

Which is a hard work unless I pay $99US for that~ ofcourse it seems worth it but then, creating myself is a bit challenging and is more fun then paying out $$~

Cheers

Thanks

if we go and buy together, i believe there will be big discounts at rvskin.

Back