IMAP installation.

MikeVrind

Verified User
I have a server with CentOS 5.0 (64-bit) with DA installed on it.
Now we want to use the IMAP module within PHP, but IMAP wasn't included in the PHP build on our server.

I have asked the provider to install IMAP on the server, as a response I got something like:
"We have installed IMAP, but need the compile-time option to active the IMAP module. The PHP info page reports that this option isn't availible."

They now claim that is isn't posible to compile PHP with IMAP on a live production server.

Is this true? Would be verry strange if its imposible to install imap on the server.

Need to add to /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/configure.php:

Code:
        --with-imap \
        --with-imap-ssl

and rebuild php.

I dont have a folder called 'customapache' in /usr/local/directadmin/?

Have found '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/configure/suphp' with the files:
- configure.php4
- configure.php5
- configure.suphp

Don´t know if these are the same files=

And how must PHP be rebuild?

Last edited:
Customapache is the old way of installing and updating some software on DA. It has been replaced by custombuild later on. You have probably chosen the latter during the DA installation.

The extentions of those files are actually quite clear.

.php4 is used for PHP4 configurations
.php5 is used for PHP5 configurations
.suphp is used for the configuration of suPHP

It's been a while since I have installed those modules; but I guess you are using a pretty default setup. So you want to add them to the PHP5 configuration.

Read up on the custombuild FAQ for more information how to rebuild PHP or browse the forums. The FAQ can be found here: http://directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29824

Customapache is the old way of installing and updating some software on DA. It has been replaced by custombuild later on.

I don't know if I would call it the "old way." Its certainly "older." And it has not been replaced yet. I just used customapache last week for a new install.

customapache is not going to be updated. custombuild is the future. But with that said I have not learned it well enough to be comfortable enough to start using it. I still use customapache until I have time to devote to learning everything about custombuild.

Back