debian 5 64-bit

According to other threads on these and other forums it appears to work fine. I find it rather disturbing though that DirectAdmin still denies any official support for 64-bit machines in a time where every server has 64-bit capabilities and 4GB RAM modules are about as expensive as a hamburger.

Come on DirectAdmin, when's the official Debian AMD64 support coming?

What's the current state? Looking at the list in the license system, it appears there is still no official support for 64-bits debian/ubuntu?

I know people have it running not sure if its official or not.

Hi,

Debian 5 -64 bits version of DA is up and running ! ;)

Still in beta for the time beeing, but it installs and works without a hitch.

Dan

Hi,

Debian 5 -64 bits version of DA is up and running ! ;)

Still in beta for the time beeing, but it installs and works without a hitch.

Dan

Hmm... I will have to try this again. When I first tried, many things were broken (mysql wouldn't install, having mysql connection issues, etc.). Guess I will try this again.

debian 64bit

Hmm... I will have to try this again. When I first tried, many things were broken (mysql wouldn't install, having mysql connection issues, etc.). Guess I will try this again.

let me know if it's working thanks...

To my horror I noticed that the server software (Debian 64-bit) my client had installed was not supported by DA. Well, as we had already paid for the software and had an empty server I took the liberty to try out. There were a few error messages regarding quotas etc. but to my surprise DirectAdmin seems to work.

I have created a couple of users, logged in as a user, created subdomains and it all seems to work, no errors so far.

I have read reports about people having used DA with Debian64 for some time without problems. Are there any dangers we should be aware of?

Markku

let me know if it's working thanks...

I just changed one of my free DA licenses to Debian 5 64bit again and installed... It works!

I didn't pay attention to the installer to see if any major errors occurred. But after the install finished all the services seemed to be working (mysql, apache, php, proftpd, dovecot, exim).

I selected the custombuild script and didn't use defaults. I selected php5, apache 2.2, mysql 5.1, and dovecot.

Seems like there may have been some updates or changes to the installer since I last tried.

Back