Fatal error: Can't connect to the MySQL server

gegestation

Verified User
Hi! ALL. I am setting up a xcart php shopping cart system.

I uploaded xcart to the public_html (root) directory.
Created a database and a user with all privileges set to yes.

But still unable to connect to the MySQL server

Server host name: www.health-takkyubin.com
Secure server host name: www.health-takkyubin.com
MySQL host name: localhost
MySQL user name: meipo_ge
MySQL database name: meipo_db
MySQL password: 134613

I use the above info but still can't connect to the server.
Can somone check the setup see if the info. are all correct?
http://www.health-takkyubin.com/xcart/install.php
Any help will be appreciated.

PhpMyAdmin is giving me a wrong user/pass... that might mean that mysql isn't running, or in fact the user/pass isn't correct.

After trying the install, it generates "can't connect"... so as wdv said, mysql probably isn't running.

John

I also recommend that after you get MySQL running and working, you change the password to this account.

hi..thanks for all replies. I double checked the username and password. They are correct. I tried the helpdesk of my provider at 8-95.com. They said the server is localhost and can't help me further. How do I check if the MySQL is running or not? Shouldn't it be running when I can still edit the database and username in DA? or where can I trun it on from DA panel??? Thanks again.

Hi! Just went into the advanced tools and server infomation. It shows mysql is running. Tried the install.php again. Same problem. Did I do something wrong while I creating the database and username???

Hi again! I somehow got connected with the username and password of DA panel istead of the username and password created with database. Any ideas????

updated status: I changed password to letters instead of numbers and user I created can connect now.

But one more problem, I set all privileges to yes. But got this error message during last step of install.php

Fatal error: Fatal error occured while creating directories. Please check permissions and try again..
Please correct the error(s) before proceeding to the next step.

It created tables fine but not directory.

Help.

The shopping car install directions should tell you exactly what the permissions for each directory should be prior to install. You just need to change them. You should be able to do that with the File Manager built into DA.

Back