Mail crashes?

DarkMastah

Verified User
After a time the server smtp crashes or something every is working good but after a few hours im getting errors when sending mail 500 authentication error but everything is good when i reboot the server its good again anybody know what this is?

Hello,

So your copy of exim crashed for reasons unknown, then it started to work again. A few hours later you were getting "mail 500 authentication errors", but you rebooted and it fixed itself?

I'm not too sure. All I can suggest at this point is to have a look in your exim logs (/var/log/exim/*) for any clues as to whats going on.

John

When i try to send mail with smtp verification then it works how can i disable that or da-popb4smtp when i turn the service off i still get the problem.

DarkMastah said:
When i try to send mail with smtp verification then it works how can i disable that or da-popb4smtp when i turn the service off i still get the problem.
So.. if smtp authentication work, why do you want to disable it?

I'm still not entirely sure what the problem is. If you want us to have a look, send us your server info, plus email information (to test with) to: https://www.directadmin.com/clients/safesubmit.php

John

The first 10 hours of uptime its working can send mail everything but then it goes wrong why when i turn on secure authentication it works but why it must work without like always please help me

Back