listing of .html files subdomain files

Daniel707

Ive never used DirectAdmin before, on my last hosting account under my Subdomain Directory it gave a listing of all files with just the Subdomain name and the following attachment whether it was .jpeg .gif .html or whatever it may be, after editing my files in Direct Admin and viewing them; the URL always shows the entire path including the the File Manager and Every Path available, my question is this is there a way or is there a directory where the files are stored/kept without all the additional unneeeded code?

i mean i can add iframe.html to the domain or whatever but it seems like there would be a directory where this is already done.
Basically im looking for the URL's without all the unneeded code for when i make links or add images into my pages.

hopefully my question made sense
Daniel
:)
thanks

p.s. i have a second question
is my subdomain name supposed to be in this subdomain dialog box?

Attachments

• subdomain.jpg
    subdomain.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 439
Hello,

I'm not positive I understand fully, but I believe you are asking if there is a way to edit the files in the Filemanager without having to type the full path including the /CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/file..etc. In short, no. If you want to see your directory contents, you can always enable Indexes: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=22

Re: subdomain
Yes, it should show up when you add it.

John

Hello,

I'm not positive I understand fully, but I believe you are asking if there is a way to edit the files in the Filemanager without having to type the full path including the /CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/file..etc. In short, no. If you want to see your directory contents, you can always enable Indexes: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=22

Re: subdomain
Yes, it should show up when you add it.

John
yes you understood correctly i want the shortest possible path without all the extra paths/files etc. i dont know the first thing about htaccess but if its just a matter of changing an option im sure i can be guided through the process provided the right menu/directory than option to change ,

right now im trying to hunt down the .htaccess folder in the file manager, you were right basically what i want is an index with all the files with just the subdomain and file in the actual URL.

where does the .htaccess folder reside
and once i find it how do i change the option

Hello,

.htaccess file can be in any directory to specify certain rules that apache should follow for the directory it's in.

If you are trying to get the directory listings for a directory called "/images", then you'd create /images/.htaccess and follow the steps here to turn on Indexes.

The .htaccess file in the cgi-bin directory is there to disable anyone from viewing files directly. (edit the .htaccess file to see what it's doing). It's probably not the location you're looking for. If no .htaccess file exists in a directory, just create it and apache will find it :).

John

i made an .htaccess file in my public_html directory, i made a file and named it .htaccess and put this inside the file

Options +Indexes

it still isnt doing anything, im not sure if i missed something or what.

can a seperate directory be created that lists all files that are uploaded and created?

for instance if i make a folder called buttons_banners
and then another /images
and then store created html files in the public_html directory

can i create a seperate directory that lists all files with only the subdomain and file extension.

thats what i am trying to get is a listing of files with just the subdomain and file extension, without the extra source path coding i.e. file manager etc

Hi there, I also want my directadmin to be able to index files properly.

The Options +Indexes on .htaccess works, BUT the icon images are not displaying at all.

www.sapphiro.com/portfolio/coding/

Is there anyway to fix it?:p Help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Best Regards,
Felix

@Daniel707:

DirectAdmin has nothing to do with this. You can create your own index.html file to show anything you want. The default is created by apache. If apache isn't following your Options +Indexes directive then perhaps your httpd.conf file isn't allowing overwrites. If it's your server check Apache documentation; if you're hosting on someone else's server, ask your webhost.

@Sapphiro:
You're either not running a stock DirectAdmin build or you've made some changes somewhere; the key is this:
Code:
Power MOD by web4host.net Server at www.sapphiro.com Port 80
If it's not your server, check with your webhost.

Jeff

Back