Mailing List Problem

gatorglenn

Hi,

I have set up a mailing list and we have 115 e-mails in the list. I have sent two messages out to the list and it is not going through. Just plain notes with no attachments or anything.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thank you,
Glenn

You really have to give more information. You didn't mention if the list-owner received any emails saying they were rejected and if so, why. Are you sure they even made it to the list, you can see by examining the /var/log/exim/mainlog file to see if it made it to the box.

Hi,

I did not receive any rejection e-mails but would that go to the account that I sent the e-mail from or somewhre else?

I would look at that log, /var/log/exim/mainlog, but I do not know where to locate it. I see error and usage logs but I'm not sure how to read them.

My e-mail is subscribed to the list and I did not recieve the e-mail. Hopefully I can get this figured out because we are sending out updates for an event. I have done two other e-mail lists and they seem to be working fine but they are much smaller.

I would like to set it up as a moderated list so that only I can send e-mails to the group and once I get the list working maybe I will try that. Any tips on doing that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Glenn

Usually rejection emails go the the lists owner address, the owner will be the [email protected] system account that created the mailing list. So if your username to log into DirectAdmin is gatorglenn the the list owner would be gatorglenn@yourdomain and that is where all the emails would go.

I assume you are a user of DirectAdmin and not a Admin, so viewing the log files would be something I would contact your Admin about.

As far as restricting posting, it can be done, but the DA front-end does not do a great job of allowing it. Basically you would want to put a filename in the "Restrict Post" field, and that file should contain a list of email addresses that are allowed to post. Perhaps in the future DA could implement this feature a little better.

Back