DA scripting help needed

teedee

Verified User
Hi,

I need someone that can put a script onto my server that auto creates 3 symlinks and copies a 404 page over whenever a new account is added by a certain reseller.

DA support staff told me this can be done using
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh

But I just can't get the thing to work....... :(

PM me if you can do this and also let me know how much you would want for doing this.

Thanks

TeeDee

Very simple script... Let me know the 3 symlinks and where you want the 404 from/to and i'll get it written up and on here :)

Chris

ok,
the directories to be symlinked from are

/home/prymid/public_html/js
/home/prymid/public_html/images
/home/prymid/public_html/styles

the 404 is located at /home/prymid/public_html/404.php

so whenever reseller "xyz" creates a new account these directories are symlinked to the new account /home/username/public_html/ and the 404 copied to public_html and chmoded to 755

ALso (I forgot :D) need to add a .htaccess so that 404.php works or add an ErrorDocument 404 /404.php to the httpd.conf

Hope that makes sense, not to good at explaining myself :D

Thanks

teedee said:
the directories to be symlinked from are

pointing to?

ls /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/js
js -> /home/prymid/public_html.js

?

teedee said:
the 404 is located at /home/prymid/public_html/404.php

so whenever reseller "xyz" creates a new account these directories are symlinked to the new account /home/username/public_html/ and the 404 copied to public_html and chmoded to 755

ALso (I forgot :D) need to add a .htaccess so that 404.php works or add an ErrorDocument 404 /404.php to the httpd.conf

Hope that makes sense, not to good at explaining myself :D

Thanks

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Create the 3 symlinks
# 1:
ln -s /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/js /home/prymid/public_html/js

# set symlink ownership to user so they can remove this
chown ${username}:${username} /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/js

# 2:
ln -s /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/images /home/prymid/public_html/images

chown ${username}:${username} /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/images

# 2:
ln -s /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/styles /home/prymid/public_html/styles

chown ${username}:${username} /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/styles

# create an errordocs directory for user:
mkdir /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/error-docs

# set ownership of errordocs so it may be removed by user
chown ${username}:${username} /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/error-docs

# Copy specified error pages to error-docs folder:
# 404.html
cp [B]/path/to/404.html[/B] /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/error-docs/

# if you have any other error pages copy the above line and replace 404.html with your error page - you will need to specify others in the .htaccess also

# copy .htaccess to users main directory
cp [B]/path/to/.htaccess[/B] /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/

Try it out on a test domain and let me know if you run into any problems :)

Chris

the

files are already in place and need to be linked to all new domains.

where can I specify that this rules only apply if accounts created from a specific reseller ?

Thanks again

(getting more and more confused)

TeeDee

Code:
if [ ${usertype} == "reseller" ]
then

if [ ${username} == "[B]test[/B]" ]
then

# Create the 3 symlinks
# 1:
ln -s /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/js /home/prymid/public_html/js

chown ${username}:${username} /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/js

# 2:
ln -s /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/images /home/prymid/public_html/images

chown ${username}:${username} /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/images

# 2:
ln -s /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/styles /home/prymid/public_html/styles

chown ${username}:${username} /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/styles

mkdir /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/error-docs

chown ${username}:${username} /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/error-docs

# 404.html
cp [B]/path/to/404.html[/B] /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/error-docs/

# if you have any other error pages copy the above line and replace 404.html with your error page - you will need to specify others in the .htaccess also

fi
fi

Hi,

I am getting "Error with custom script: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh"
unfortunately it does not say what error....

TeeDee

Check the DA error log... not sure if it logs the errors from the custom scripts but worth a check ;)

Chris

Code:
if [ ${usertype} == "reseller" ]
then

if [ ${username} == "[B]test[/B]" ]
then

# Create the 3 symlinks
# 1:
ln -s /home/prymid/public_html/js /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/js

# 2:
ln -s /home/prymid/public_html/images /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/images

# 3:
ln -s /home/prymid/public_html/styles /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/styles

mkdir /home/${username}/domains/${domain}/public_html/error-docs/

# 404.html

fi
fi

Few problems I noticed... should be ok now :)

Chris

Hi,

Still getting error

"Error with custom script: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh"

:( :(

Re: What Next?!?!

TMC said:
Hey guys, please don't stop there!

I'm sure this thread stopped here because nobody wanted to say the obvious. Someone forgot to make sure the file permissions where 755.

Back