Disk Cleanup Script

gunemalli

Verified User
Hey all,

i found a disk cleanup script which is optimised for cPanel servers, i'd like the people here at DA, to help in improving the script or provide another script based on this which is optimised for DA servers.

I'm currently using cPanel and hoping to move to DA in the next few weeks.

the 1st file is very easy to understand, the second one is a modified version of the 1st with unwanted stuff removed and made much efficient.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Attachments

• disk-cleanup.sh.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 653
  • disk-cleanup-2.sh.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 573
These are silly scripts. They delete install files, empty folders created by the default install, and log files. The only "optimization" that's been done is in the first script where it deletes old install files download by cPanel's easyapache.

Running these on a DirectAdmin system will do the same thing as running them on a cPanel system. I recommend you don't run them at all.

CustomBuild, developed by Martynas on these forums, has a feature that allows you to clean old install files. You can set the number of Apache log file backups to keep in the Administrator Settings area of DirectAdmin. I recommend you use these two options when you switch to DirectAdmin.

Back