Looking for the scoop on SpamAssassin & OpenWebmail

modem

Verified User
I have been browsing this site for the past few hours regarding the topics of having SpamAssassin installed and OpenWebmail installed. I have found quite a bit of information that tended to stray off in various directions on certain threads but felt like I wasn't getting all of my questions answered. Plus several of the threads were months, if not nearly a year old. Basically what I'm looking for is someone to confirm the following and point me to information to do the following:

1.) Was SpamAssassin installed with DirectAdmin? If so how do I configure it or if it wasn't do I need to goto the SA site and get the latest files?

2.) Does the guys here at DirectAdmin have a timeline for implimenting SpamAssassins features inside of the control panel for per-domain management basis? I.E. domain.com can adjust the threshold of SPAM for their own domains without me having to manually configure that.

3.) Currently I run webmail services through Everyone.Net hosting. I would like to get them to export their data/account information of my users and use it inside of OpenWebmail (OK that is a lofty goal). But most importantly can the latest OpenWebmail be installed on the latest DirectAdmin? If so how do I do that? Do I need to get the latest RPM's from OpenWebmail?

4.) Does OpenWebmail have any sort of integration into the DirectAdmin control panel?

5.) What if any anti-virus scanners are there for the server? Does it hammer CPU usage, cripple system performance, and if not is it possible to install/use and have it send users a message when they receive potentially infected emails?

Ok now that I've hammered everyone with questions I am heading out. I do appreciate any information or any directions to get the information. My motto is you can never learn too much to protect your users. :)

Brad

Hello,

1) Spamassisn is included, but not installed. You need to run the spam.sh from the /usr/local/directadmin/scripts directory. Then you need to uncomment the spamassin settings in the /etc/exim.conf and start the spamd program.

2) No timeline. We'll probably get something added once we integrate the new exim.conf into the system.

3) If openwebmail just uses imap or pop3, then yes. You'd need to add all email account through DA (or just add them to /etc/virtual/domain.com/passwd)

4) No, we don't even include openwebmail. You can make skin changes if you need.

5) We don't include any but you can search the 3rd party software section of the forum for possible answers to that question.

John

[root@server3 init.d]# spamd -k start
Can't locate HTML/Parser.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ../lib /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 44.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 44.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 62.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 62.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/spamd line 32.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/spamd line 32.

Back