WiseNav DirectAdmin Plugin

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're pleased to announce a free Content Management System (CMS) plugin for DirectAdmin. The plugin will install WiseNav which is a very simple drag-and-drop system for creating websites.

This plugin requires that suPhp is installed as the default php version (.php files run suPhp)

WiseNav Plugin version: 0.1-beta

Which currently installs WiseNav: 3.1.13

To install the plugin, go to:
Admin Level -> Plugin Manager

and paste in this URL:
Code:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/wisenav/wisenav.tar.gz

This plugin is currently in testing, so please keep all support questions relating to the plugin contained to this forum.
Also keep in mind that we're not the authors of WiseNav, so won't be able to offer assistance for issues pertaing to WiseNav itself.

If you install WiseNav to your public_html folder via the plugin, note that it will extract itself over any data that may already be there. Backup your data before installing it.

A screenshot of the plugin can be found here:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/wisenav/screenshot.jpg

A functional demo of the WiseNav admin interface can be found on the WiseNav website by clicking the "Instant Try It" button at the bottom right.

John

Hello,

This plugin will allow your Users to install WiseNav. WiseNav is a content management system that easily allows Users to create their website with very simple drag-and-drop technique in a very short period of time. It's easy to use and it's free.

John

Guess its better then nothing...but has a real lack of templates ... there only seems to be like 10 different ones you can download. Hopefully it will get better over time.

Code:
Cannot find the path: [I]/home/test/domains/test.xx.co.il/public_html[/I]

Make sure it exists, then try again.
but the folder exists

Code:
Cannot find the path: [I]/home/test/domains/test.xx.co.il/public_html[/I]

Make sure it exists, then try again.
but the folder exists

Hello,

The reason for that error is that the function call to:
stat("/home/test/domains/test.xx.co.il/public_html");
in php is returning FALSE. As for why that is, I'm not too sure, it could be a few reasons.

1) The permissions are not sufficient on one of the folders in the path for the test user to see the public_html folder

2) perhaps the stat() function has been disabled in your php.ini file, make sure it's not in the disable_functions (although this plugin calls php with the -n option for no php.ini, so that shouldn't be an issue)

3) Try disabling the "hide-errors" option in the call and try again to see if it generates any useful messages. To do that, edit:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/wisenav/user/install.php

then change the line:
Code:
$stat = @stat($path);
to be:
Code:
$stat = stat($path);
which will spit out errors to the output. Let me know what that says and we may have a better idea of what the issue is so I can possibly add one more check to the plugin, for whatever is causing that error.

John

the real user was "mobile"
look my chown of my folder "ls -l"
Code:
drwx--x--x  4 mobile mobile 4096 Sep 23 17:21 mobile
2.stat function is not disable.
3.i change this line . but not changes . some problem.

Last edited:
I don't understand why the DirectAdmin developers chose this content management system. It it appears to be an arbitrary decision. WiseNav is:

1. Unknown. It is not widely publicized or used.
2. Limited. There is not much active development, very few plugins, very few themes.

It also doesn't make much sense to have a plugin that installs only a single content management system.

I don't understand why the DirectAdmin developers chose this content management system. It it appears to be an arbitrary decision. WiseNav is:

1. Unknown. It is not widely publicized or used.
2. Limited. There is not much active development, very few plugins, very few themes.

It also doesn't make much sense to have a plugin that installs only a single content management system.

I honestly have to agree with this.

To be honest, I'd feel a little embarrassed to even offer this. I realise it's free, but it's simply awful.

WiseNav reaches a whole new type of customer -Consumers

It has excellent customer satisfaction and is very well received by end-users. It is not a programmer's CMS.

One can launch a web page in 7-9 seconds which meets the Consumer threshold.

Give it a chance---Don't pre-judge it.

Your clients will love it...and it is very different.

Don

I just visited the WiseNav site. Interesting. First time I ever visited an all-flash site that didn't completely crash my ancient browser.

We're moving forward with trying it.

Jeff

looks good enough for those just starting a website and dont have extra money to pay someone to build a site.
will this WisevNav and suPhp work with an older version of php?

Yes you can use older php versions with suPhp, as long as php files can write to disk, it should work.

In theory, if you're using CLI (no suPhp) and chown your public_html and all it's contents to apache after installing it via the plugin, you can use it, but this wouldn't be recommended for security reasons, and the fact that doing that would also break other areas like the DA filemanager, ftp, backup restores, and anything else that isn't expecting things to be chowned to apache. So we recommend you stick with suPhp with this, but if you absolutely need it and have to stick with CLI, then you can in theory use it, with manual tweaking.

WiseNav is a tool for 0 day clients wanting to build a website. It doesn't get much simpler than this for a drag-and-drop app, at the cost of detailed control, but 0 day clients won't notice or care about that level of control. And because it's all self-contained, there really isn't anything for them to break.

John

Thanks for the reply, I like it :cool: and have visited the site, what I will most likely implement it as a demo site and or a sample of pages in a screen shot appearance and then install as a per user request, all credits will go to WiseNav and I will install on request for free for each hosted account.
least that's the plan :)

Last edited:
Yeah I think its quite awful looking as well. Looks like sites that would have been made in 1991 using frontpage. hehe

to each their own :)
I think support said it perfectly
WiseNav is a tool for 0 day clients wanting to build a website.
gives them a place to start without spending Any money and having a web presence that doesn't look like a , well whats the word?, maybe a 5 yr old drawing? :rolleyes:

Has it been audited by a reputable third party security firm? How many active developers are there?

The same thing may be accomplished using an established, reputable open source content management system (CMS). It would be more productive to offer a script that installs WordPress. I think it's an entirely silly idea to associate this with DirectAdmin.

Back