DirectAdmin 1.34.0 release candidate

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

DirectAdmin 1.34.0 is nearing release. We're just releasing it in release-candidate form for now to ensure everything is working as it should.

The versions page for it is here:
http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.340000

To get the RC files, login to:
https://www.directadmin.com/clients
with your login/password.
Click your license and follow the pre-release link to get instructions.

Note that the version will still show 1.33.7 in these binaries, but they are essentially 1.34.0.

There are a few features that are labelled as "Finished: No" which may be completed by the release date, but may not be pending time and how things go.

The release date is slated for October 1st pending successful runs with these packs.

John

Hello,

1) A runs the following command to get the info.
FreeBSD:
Code:
/usr/bin/top -b -d 1
Everything else:
Code:
/usr/bin/top -b -n 1
Run those to ensure they work.

If that command returns a non-zero result, DA will not show the data.

Try running DA in debug mode, level 2000 or higher to see what's up:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
killall -9 directadmin
./directadmin b2000
then load the process monitor page.
The debug output is "Error running /usr/bin/top. Return value %d\n%s", so you'll be looking for the value (%d) that is being returned.. and the %s.. the actual text being output to DA. Again, a 0 value is required or else DA won't show it. Let me know what you get.

John

Wenn i used the prerelease binaries i got the folowing error: ./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

centos 5, 64-bit?
Code:
wget -O /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so.15 http://files.directadmin.com/services/5.0_64/libmysqlclient.so.15
John

Double check the OS that is set in the license is correct for your OS then. If you downloaded the 64-bit binaries, they won't work on a 32-bit box. View your license from your clients section to double check what it's set to. If you need to change it, send us an email. Send us an email if you need us to take a look at the system (as if it's not resolved, the production binaries would do the same thing anyway, when you get them)

John

Can you check a few things then:

1) what version of MySQL do you have:
Code:
rpm -qa | grep MySQL

2) exact version of CentOS:
Code:
cat /etc/redhat-release

3) output from the following. This is what I'm seein on our build system. It's using 5.0.37 at the moment.
Code:
[root@es5 directadmin]# ldd /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin | grep mysql
        libmysqlclient.so.15 => /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 (0x0023b000)
[root@es5 directadmin]# ls -la /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Aug 17  2006 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 -> libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0
[root@es5 directadmin]# md5sum /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
192b6a46ba5b0af9ca7522843654c614  /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
[root@es5 directadmin]#

The fact that we're seeing "ELFCLASS64" means there is something 64-bit going on there, so we have to double check you've got everything you need to have, and nothing you don't.

Failing everything else, it might be best to send us your login info anyway, so I can double check things to see exactly what the issue is, if you're willing:
https://www.directadmin.com/clients/safesubmit.php

If anyone else is using CentOS 5 32-bit and has tried the binaries, please let me know if they're working for you, or if you get the same error. We need to determine if this affects everyone, or just this one case.

Thanks!

John

Mysql:

MySQL-shared-5.1.39-0.glibc23
MySQL-client-5.1.39-0.glibc23
MySQL-server-5.1.39-0.glibc23
MySQL-devel-5.1.39-0.glibc23

CentOS release 5.3 (Final)

[root@joomla directadmin]# ldd /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin | grep mysql
[root@joomla directadmin]# ls -la /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1474856 17. Dez 2008 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
[root@joomla directadmin]# md5sum /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
e3a693059bd929b8740be02c1a244e63 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
[root@joomla directadmin]#

Hello,

I'm still waiting to hear back about the CentOS 5, 32-bit, libmysqlclient.so.15 issue. If anyone has CentOS 5 32-bit, let me know how it goes, if it works, or if it doesn't. (Not just User 'spirit', I'll need a few more confirmations) Include which version of mysql you're using as well. I need to confirm the functionality of these binaries before they're released. Let me know either way (good or bad) so we can determine if it's an isolated issue or not.

John

John,

Have you allready heared something from other people. If you like I have a CentOs 5 - 32 Bit server, but it is a production-server. So I need to be 100% sure that I can roll it back to the working version and that nothing else will go down.

Just let me know

Hello,

No responses yet. It can be rolled back very easily.
Doesn't even need to overwrite anything, don't need to restart DA. Just grab the pre-release binary, extract using:
Code:
cd /root
wget -O new.tar.gz [B]http://pathto.your/binary.tar.gz[/B]
tar xvzf new.tar.gz directadmin dataskq
chmod 755 directadmin dataskq
ldd directadmin
./directadmin v
just to check if they work or not. It will be clear if it doesn't. You can delete them aftewards.

John

Hey John,

Just installed the new binaries and here's the info from your post above...

No issues but, .directadmin v shows "Version: DirectAdmin v.1.33.7"

[root@w21host169 directadmin]# rpm -qa | grep MySQL
MySQL-shared-5.0.67-0
MySQL-client-5.0.67-0
MySQL-server-5.0.67-0
MySQL-devel-5.0.67-0

[root@w21host169 directadmin]# cat /etc/redhat-release

[root@w21host169 directadmin]# ldd /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin | grep mysql
libmysqlclient.so.15 => /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 (0x008be000)

[root@w21host169 directadmin]# ls -la /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Dec 15 2008 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 -> libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0

[root@w21host169 directadmin]# md5sum /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
351be7be3a9d90c170226df838c60fa1 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15

David

[root@v007 temp_da]# ./directadmin v
Version: DirectAdmin v.1.33.7

[root@v007 temp_da]# rpm -qa | grep MySQL
MySQL-shared-4.1.22-0
MySQL-devel-4.1.22-0
MySQL-client-4.1.22-0
MySQL-server-4.1.22-0

[root@v007 temp_da]# cat /etc/redhat-release

[root@v007 temp_da]# ldd /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin | grep mysql

--> Maybe you did mean: ldd directadmin (for the new version)
[root@v007 temp_da]# ldd directadmin | grep mysql
libmysqlclient.so.15 => /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 (0x00110000)

[root@v007 temp_da]# ls -la /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1549497 sep 29 08:40 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15

[root@v007 temp_da]# md5sum /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
192b6a46ba5b0af9ca7522843654c614 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15

If have had also the problem that the file '/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15' was not present on my system. But instead of downloading (because it was not in this directory) http://files.directadmin.com/services/5/libmysqlclient.so.15 I downloaded http://files.directadmin.com/services/es_5.0/libmysqlclient.so.15
After downloading this file da worked.

So spirit should maybe also try the file http://files.directadmin.com/services/es_5.0/libmysqlclient.so.15

Hello,

Thanks for all of the replies. It took me a while to figure it out, but several months ago (after 1.33.7 was release) on the CentOS 5 build system, I had updated the verison of MySQL using custombuild. What this did was also install the MySQL-shared rpm. What I didn't realize was that if you have this rpm (which provides the libmysqlclient.so) was that the compile changes, and will "link" the directadmin binaries to it (which makes sense since it called "shared", looking back on it). The issue, as we've found out was that we don't all have the same shared library.

So by removing the MySQL-shared rpm on our build system, which removes the /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15, when I recompile DA, it still compiles just fine, doesn't link to the external library, and must store the mysql code within the DA binaries, making it work for everyone.

So we should be good to go again. Thanks for all who help with this.
I've updated the centos 5 pre-release package again, so you can download it again, except it should work this time. Once we get verification that it's resolved, I'll go ahead and release 1.34.0.

Note that the pre-release shows version 1.33.7, but does in fact have the 1.34.0 code.

John

Back